Chrome Tap Handles For Our New Vent-matics

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'Day all i have had a number of PM's with regard to machining some handles for the new taps, the answer is yes i can PM me if you would like any.

I don't mind helping out if i can with any machining but sometimes might be a little slow.

Stagger

one to keep the brew gods happy

bobblehead.jpg

Very very slick Stagger.
Are you going to go into production ?
What is the cost per unit ?

TIA,
Doc

cost off ss round bar isnt very cheap so will be interested to see a price.

I can make some for people who need or more importantly want one, I have all ready sold some on here. I will how ever say straight away I am not doing this to make money S/S cost money and a little for my time.

Solid S/S $20.00 this is solid with a taped hole in the end.
Solid S/S with the inside drilled and then plugged and taped (this is to reduce weight)$35.00 this is the type I have made for Trough lolly, my self and one other member.

I have made both types and would suggest the lighter one as the solid one is quite heavy, but leave it up to who ever is buying one.

Stagger

The price of looking good eh Stagger :p
I've got a four tap setup, so 4 @ $35 + postage. This month I've done the vent-matics, march pump and a new Blichmann Beer Gun.
Might have to curb my desire for a few more paychecks, but I'm still keen.

Beers,
Doc

I will get in early my other taps see post 19 are for sale $60.00 ONO

Stagger

Perhaps an ally one, lighter, bit more imagination with shape?

See what Batz can come up with

Batz

Don't forget the $20.00 ones i think they will be fine it's just that they are heavy, until i get the taps i don't know. I can make them any time you need them just remember there is nothing wrong with the plastic handles.

Stagger

]Ok - for the budding metal lathe handle makers.

Here is a pic of a tp handle taht i have - it is 6" and made from aluminium.

The bad is i only have one of these handles - will need another 5.

[attachmentid=4004

Attachments

• MVC_002F.JPG
    MVC_002F.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 39
yep.agreed the only problem i can see with s/s handles is the weight.mind you those ones doc did the post of earlier are chromed brass so equally as heavy.ive a few ideas up my sleeve on weight reduction but still ss so will see what i can conjure up on night shift.(less prying eyes) and of course very cheap but i still get paid for my work. ;)

cheers
big d

post_936_1127258179_thumb.jpg

Sorry Stagger,

How much for this one. $20 or $35?

Cheers,
Jase

Doc said:
Here is a link to the distributors webpage for them.
[post="77828"][/post]​

Just looking at some of the stuff they've got and they have pretty decent prices for SS shanks. $18 for a 4" and $21 for 6".
Compared to Northern Brewers $35 for 4" and $49.95 for 6".
Don't know if they are the same bore though, or if it even matters.

Jase they all look the same, one is just lighter than the other, I make them by hand so length is up to the buyer.
The one in the pic is about 73mm long with a 3.5deg taper; I can make shorter, longer ones.

Stagger

Guys, Staggers handles are works of bloody art! If he's up for it, I'd go with the more expensive units - Big D, yours look great too and as for Doc's 4 tap bar, well we can all dream can't we!

I'm never gonna get rich while I brew, but I know I'll die with a smile on my face and not have to explain to the missus why!!

Craig - thanks again for the handle - and congrats for doing so well in the ACT brew comp - he ran a dead heat for best brewer at the show and that's up against a former national champion brewer so well done (I know he won't tell any of you about it so I will!!)

TL

Latest posts

Back