Christmas in July 2013 Lotto

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pommiebloke said:
Well done Fat *******.

One Irish Red Ale and one Brown Porter will be on its way to you as soon as I get your address.

Enjoy!
Hope you like Brown Porter FB, as that's what I've got for you as well, along with an APA.

Posted today Fat *******, one bottle of my one and only homebrew which I call my 'Troublesome Lager' and one bottle of craft beer from my local. coming from brisbane so I don't know when it will get there but it shouldn't be long. I hope you enjoy one of the bottles at least :p

There's actually been an error and I won all the beers (1st, 2nd,3rd).

Please send all to manticle @ the internet, PO BOX 1, Melbourne, 3001

Thanks

I didn't even enter but I'm going to send a beer just to see what happens.

menoetes said:
Posted today Fat *******, one bottle of my one and only homebrew which I call my 'Troublesome Lager' and one bottle of craft beer from my local. coming from brisbane so I don't know when it will get there but it shouldn't be long. I hope you enjoy one of the bottles at least :p
I'm sure I'll taste the love of beer in it!
Drop me a pm about your troubles making it, maybe we'll both learn something!
I'm going to try to provide feedback on all the beers I receive on a BJCP judging form, the feedback I got from NickB last year was invaluable, and certainly improved the next brew of that beer, so hopefully I'll be able to repay the favour!

adryargument said:
Sounds like a ripper beer!
I'm sorry to say it probably isn't, it is drinkable but 'troublesome' refers to my inexperienced problems in brewing it. The love of beer is in it certainly, but if you were still interested after tasting it Fat *******, just read here...

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/72353-help-with-a-troublesome-lager-brew/

I had a lot of help from everyone here on AMH and I credit its survival to all of them. I honestly hope you enjoy it though, if not then wash it down with the pint of LC Pale I sent along with it. I'm quite fond of that drop myself.

Sorry to go OT guys, and congrats to the winners once again. I can't wait for christmas to try my luck again with a few more brews under my belt. Are cider entries bad form?

Send it along anyway, one thing I've learned with my brews is that the faults are more obvious to the brewer than anyone else.
Happy to take some cider, if you want to keep the LCPA for yourself!

I had already sent the troublesome and the LCPA back when I posted the first message after the draw. They are on the way, I was just wondering about the cider as it is high on my list of up and coming brew attempts.

Well, they've started arriving! Lukiferj, Parks, Menoetes, your beer is ensconced in the laundry fridge safely waiting for sampling ( oh the horror!)

Will hopefully begin the process this weekend!

Thanks!

FB

I haven't received any of mine yet.

Best bitter on your way early next week Fatso.

Know it's probably not the best time of year to down one, but there's a pilsener on it's way to you FB. Maybe I'll throw in a English Bitter as well. Looking forward to hearing your feedback, as to me it's more about that than getting free beer . Thanks for **** all feedback from those winners I sent beer to for the Christmas lotto.

Hey FatbAstard, will be posting off my (humble) Imperial Stout this week. Probably best to leave it out of the fridge for another week or two. I had one the other night and it's not quite ready.

Ed: Spelling

lukiferj said:
Picked up a beer from Phil Mud from the post office this morning. Cheers mate. Look forward to trying this one.
Good stuff, let me know what you think.

I've had lovely parcels from Tricache, King Kong and Fat *******. King Kong, your CPA clone is in the fridge right now!

Phil Mud said:
Good stuff, let me know what you think.
I've had lovely parcels from Tricache, King Kong and Fat *******. King Kong, your CPA clone is in the fridge right now!
Hope you enjoy both the CPA clone and dark mild. Very keen for some feedback from a fellow brewer.

Got parcels this week from waggastew and shippers. nu_brew, I'll stick yours with stew's for later when it arrives.

I'll be shipping mine on Thursday more than likely FB.

You have the option of Dark Mild 3.6%, Oatmeal Stout 5.3% and IIPA 9.4%, I need to send 2 so just let me know which of those you'd like, I'd personally suggest the mild and stout but the IIPA is coming along nicely, just needs a bit more time.

Can I have the Dark Mild and the IIPA please? It's good to get a few that need some time, so i don't drink 'em all at once!

I'm about to crack the first of the beers, selected at random from what's in the fridge right now. This begs the question, should I start a tasting thread, and is there anyone who specifically does not want their feedback posted on the forum?

Cheers!

Back