Chinese Hops? What Next

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep telling myself, "dont argue with idiots, dont argue with idiots", But you ask yourself, how low can they drag an argument down and still believe they are logical and believe its the truth.

Pretty damn low it seems

>>>>finally nice agressive abussive rant there townsville that didnt address any of the points made but rather made the same STATEMENTS that you have made to others(bit like a politician)<<<<

so just WHEN does it sink in that maybe - MAYBE there is a lot of truth in what is being said. Cant see the trees for the woods, or do you need - cant see the woods for the trees. Most politicians lose sight of this simple premise, something your losing

>>>>GLOBALISATION is a much bigger myth than the hop shortage try educating yourself on how overseas industries especially agriculture in USA and EUROPE are heavily subsidised <<<<<

Gee this is soooo 1900's. Oh dear Ididn't know we didn't live in the world. Gee, I have know found out we are acyiually isolationists in this country (you better look that up to understand that one). Gee didn't we join the G20, The Gobal economic Crisis, -------- of course not. Australia remains unique in the owrld as the only country that doesn't trade, desn't export, doesn't import, or is that North Korea.

Every country has its own quirks, import duties, subsidies, , and here is a relevaltion, Thats part of a world economy. Gee didn't we just sign two world gas export deals 20 Billiom, and 25 billion, with whom I wonder???????/

>>>>so YOU would be right and every hop grower and brewery in the WORLD must be mistaken that they have struggled to get the hops they needed for the last two years never <<<<

This shows HOW MISINFORMED YOU ARE. There has never been a world shortage. If you wanted the hops, you could get them. At the height of the "Shortage"I got most upset paying $45.00 a kilo for my hops. I promised that wont happen again. No, hops were still there if you were prepared to look. The trouble is most little players like you didn't look. Your dhop didn't look. If they did thery would have found heaps of hops.

The hop shortage was more a case of "I wont pay the current market value of hops arround". And that was because the excess hop production in the USA finally dried up, BUT the world supply was ok.

And to answer it finally. Gee if there was such a world hop shortage, why did beer production arround the world acrtally increase over that time. CANT MAKE BEER WITHOUT HOPS. (well not ethically)

>>>>> in case anyone hadnt noticed australian manufacturing is stuffed,australian primary production is rapidly heading that way <<<<

ummm gee its that Globalisation we keep hearing about. Welcome to the new world order. You may not like it, but its here. Addapt or die. Gee, we once made large planes here, all out clothes, shoes, vegemite where do I stop. The world is changing, change withit.

>>>> so your assumption that aussie hop production must be unsustainable because they cost more than $10kg is idealistic offensive crap<<<<

This is ecomonic fact. Next time you buy an imported item, ask yourself, gee, I should be buying Australian made for 10 times the price. What an business should do is change and compete with its strength, NOT WHINGE about "Hows its all unfair". I am sure you give all your local farmers all the breaks because its fair. Get a life, like your farm, you compete or Die.

The last thing is how hypictical you are. Your happy with Australias exports wreaking the lives of people and farmers in the countries they go to, wreaking their culture, there way of life, their environment, and the world, and then get on a high horse and complain when those same countrie subsidise their own industries to combat this, BUT you object when people import stuff for the same reasons.

People on high horses should be ready to fall with a thud.

Craftbrewer
and yes bugger the spelling and grammar

i've read this whole thread and i am not sure what the answer is to the question!!! So many good points. The question is
Q:i had chinese take way tonight. Am i un-australian?

If the sweet sour had eucalyptus in it or the waitress who served you said 'dinky di mate' then you are as Australian as Barry Humphries.

But don't let a radio shock jock stir you up into idealism, idealogical feelings, or a need to feel threatened for what you think or do. You should be mature enough to handle that.

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Mate

insightful

Once this is over, I'll disappear to my own little world, my own little utopia. You wont hear a peep out of me.

I'll go into lurk mode

Craftbrewer

I think you will find it is actually posters who receive "kick-backs" for posting negative comments about the buy.

Whoa! That's a pretty sweet deal. PM me, Big Hop.

A work colleague from the states recently came over here for a stint living in Brisbane and one of the first things he said to me was that he could not believe how expensive things were here, even taking the exhange rate into consideration, and he was talking about everything, from groceries to fuel and public transport, the general cost of living (hops included). What gives........

cheers

Browndog

A work colleague from the states recently came over here for a stint living in Brisbane and one of the first things he said to me was that he could not believe how expensive things were here, even taking the exhange rate into consideration, and he was talking about everything, from groceries to fuel and public transport, the general cost of living (hops included). What gives........

cheers

Browndog

They pay less tax, and in exchange they have terrible public services.

Another Sleeping Australian Consumer has been awakened, congratulations. Now you just need to do more investigation which will lead to anger at being ripped off on everything and then comes rebellion, vote with your wallet and educate those around you to what you have found.

You can buy a years worth if top brand tampons for the price of one month in Australia.
You can buy nearly two years worth of vitamins for the price of one month in Australia.
You can buy nearly three years supply of name brand over the counter medicines like ibuprofen for the price of one small packet in Australia.
You can buy 9 tubes of toothpaste for the price of one tube in Australia.
You can buy 4 hardcover books for the price of a paperback book in Australia.
Food, clothing, electronics, bank fees, rates, utilities, the list is endless when compared to the rest of the world.

Time to wake up. Paying the most of all industrialized nations for everything under the sun.

Sorbering.

Especially when you get 1.5 to 2.2 litre bottles of top brand distilled spirits for sometime half or third of what you are paying in Australia for 750mL.

So you pull out of the BB in order to be free of him and yet you keep looking in here. Drama queen much?

whos the drama queen pal you havent even put your name on the bulk buy list yet every second post seems to be yours :p

whos the drama queen pal you havent even put your name on the bulk buy list yet every second post seems to be yours :p

What the **** does that have to do with anything? If your suggestion is that a right to an opinion is bought then you can shut your cake-hole as you gave away that right voluntarily.

Punctuation is your friend.

What the **** does that have to do with anything? If your suggestion is that a right to an opinion is bought then you can shut your cake-hole as you gave away that right voluntarily.

Punctuation is your friend.

How many times do you need to be told Bum? YOUR not allowed an opinion on AHB? Sheech! You just don't get it do you? :p

Please name and shame the vested interest groups that tried to put a stop to the bulk buy.

I don't want to accidentally support these guys in the future. I don't care if that means their families will starve. Good. They don't deserve my money.

Back