Chinese Hops? What Next

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was actually a dig at the anti chinese buying sentiment. But honestly I do like laughing at different accents, doesnt matter of race, accents are funny. And if you cant laugh at that without being frowned upon this world is really f#cked.
i've read this whole thread and i am not sure what the answer is to the question!!! So many good points. The question is
Q:i had chinese take way tonight. Am i un-australian?

Ha, reminds me of the local Chinese Resturant near my folks place. The guy has the biggest Aussie accent i have ever heard! "how'zit goin mate? Wat can i get'cha? Cheers, back in a tic!" If he has a accent like that lastdrinks, i'd say they are more Australian than you and I! :p

You can buy a years worth if top brand tampons for the price of one month in Australia.

Question. What are you doing with Tampons Pete! (i kid!)

You forgot one major thing!
BEER! You can get 20 Pots(there abouts) of beer for the price of a Euro import at a bar in Australia.

Massively tangential but in my experience the only thing that is cheaper in the US is cars (buying and keeping running - not so with the insurance, however) and alcohol. Everything else is the same or cheaper here. Much better quality food here, too. My entire basis of comparison is LA and San Francisco - other areas may vary. Also, every American I know who has been here has no idea how to convert the exchange rate. Go to a restaurant with one and they say "$30 for a steak! That'd be $18 at home (boy-howdy!)" then I tell them to do the conversion, then add the US sales tax to their price, then factor in the tip and they say "...oh." Then they complain about the steak because beef in the US tastes like a salty turd.

And If you MUST know, certain interest groups have tried to stop this

BUT FAILED

Craftbrewer

Who were the interest groups Graham?

I reckon you can keep asking until...................................................................... but it is one thing Townsville won't / can't disclose. It adds more aura to an already heated thread.

Why can't he disclose it?

Let's get this cartel dismantled. This has been on the cards for a while and this is the best opportunity. Please end the gravy train!

Well, I don`t get it..........there`s a big hue and cry about raciism on this thread, yet a couple of pages ago, someone announced he had " a heap of coon traps on the back porch"!
I would have thought they`d be illegal. :(

stagga.

I think by "trap" he meant "passable transexual" and I for one applaud his open-mindedness.

I think by "trap" he meant "passable transexual" and I for one applaud his open-mindedness.

oh yes?
what about the"coondog" in the same post? Unless he meant bloodhound.

stagga.

Well, I don`t get it..........there`s a big hue and cry about raciism on this thread, yet a couple of pages ago, someone announced he had " a heap of coon traps on the back porch"!
I would have thought they`d be illegal. :(

stagga.

I'll say it again, racial comments, and racist comments ar NOT interchangable.

That comment is RACIAL, and a racial comment is not necessary racism.

Craftbrewer

I still miss my golliwog collection.

golliwog.jpg

I reckon you can keep asking until...................................................................... but it is one thing Townsville won't / can't disclose. It adds more aura to an already heated thread.

thats right, ask til the cows come home

I wont tel as

1. strange as it sounds, this is actually normal business practice
2. Dont want people attacking otherwise ok businesses
3. I lose a valuable contact if I disclose

Craftbrewer

my mother in law has a huge golliwog collection. she collected them before they became politically incorrect. she into crafts and stuff.

look at the smile on that golliwog's face. i recon he's just had a big hoppy IPA.

oh yes?
what about the"coondog" in the same post? Unless he meant bloodhound.

Without wanting to get serious for a moment - that is clearly what he meant. You're trying a bit too hard on that one.

I'll say it again, racial comments, and racist comments ar NOT interchangable.

That comment is RACIAL, and a racial comment is not necessary racism.

1. The comment was neither racist nor racial. He is refering to a dog (not human) used for hunting raccoons (not human).
2. Even if he were referring to a person of black lineage it would not be a "racial" statement (whatever it is you think that means) it would be a racist one as "coon" used in that context has a negative inference and therefore would be racist.

Yes, you are quite right in saying that it is possible to talk about race without being motivated my racism but your definition of the difference leaves a great deal to be desired.

Back