Chinese Hops? What Next

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought wogs were oriental :D :ph34r:

You're thinking of asian flu.

Remember when they put about 200 rounds into Sonny when he stopped at the toll gates on the New Jersey Turnpike?
Great scene.

stagga.

In the UK, wog is a derogatory term for a nigger...

hey, but i live here now, so I'll call a spade a ******* sooty....

this is the misanthropology thread right?

mmmmm, back in the day (in Aus anyway), wog was the term for a worthy oriental gentleman. Dunno when or why it changed though

Remember when they put about 200 rounds into Sonny when he stopped at the toll gates on the New Jersey Turnpike?
Great scene.

stagga.

Spoiler alert, please.

wiki for those who care

so chinese hops. do you know what your brewig with yours. anthing special? maybe a hop tea to assess its flavour/aroma qualities?

2. Even if he were referring to a person of black lineage it would not be a "racial" statement (whatever it is you think that means) it would be a racist one as "coon" used in that context has a negative inference and therefore would be racist.

THAT IS NOT RACISM. Racism is a believe your race is superior in some way thru some genetic or cultural means.

To call an negro a coon, or local black person a Bong is not racism, no different to Itialians wogs, English Poms, Germans Krauts.

Yes the terms can be seen as insulting, and certain are used to goat people, BUT they are being used in a racist term

Wish people would learn English (from a guy who cant spell, or write)

Crafbrewer

THAT IS NOT RACISM. Racism is a believe your race is superior in some way thru some genetic or cultural means.

To call an negro a coon, or local black person a Bong is not racism, no different to Itialians wogs, English Poms, Germans Krauts.

Yes the terms can be seen as insulting, and certain are used to goat people, BUT they are being used in a racist term

Wish people would learn English (from a gut who cant spell, or write)

The mind boggles. It really does. Yours, I mean. Boggling around inside your head - attached to nothing. All your distinction does is justify ignorance - it does nothing to discount the notion of racism. Those terms, when applied to a person who finds them offensive are racist no matter how casual your attitude to the words may be.

[EDIT: spelrung]

THAT IS NOT RACISM.

Yes the terms can be seen as insulting, and certain are used to goat people,

Wish people would learn English (from a gut who cant spell, or write)

Crafbrewer

There`s no need to call people goats.

stagga.

Actually, he used it as verb rather than a noun - something I don't really think bears thinking about.

wiki for those who care

so chinese hops. do you know what your brewig with yours. anthing special? maybe a hop tea to assess its flavour/aroma qualities?

I`m waiting till Ross gets his and trials em.
I`ll go from there. The amount of beer I make doesn`t matter with hops pricewise.

stagga.

it does nothing to discount the notion of racism. Those terms, when applied to a person who finds them offensive are racist no matter how casual your attitude to the words may be.

[EDIT: spelrung]

And this is why the world is going down the nanny state path, being politically correct, and no one taking responsibility of their action.

To say that if I use a racial comment IN ANY TEXT is racism, the mind boggles, and no wonder their is utterly no racial tolerance in the world. Australia is fast losing its racial tollerance to this atitude.

Its mind boggling that years ago, people thought it was ok, and would wear terms like that as a badge of honour. Now people are scared to call some-one "black, chinese, or even a NQLD redneck" without worrying about being called a racist.

Me, I like to think I am no racist, BUT will call pom - pom, wog-wog and so on without fear.

Craftbrewer

no one taking responsibility of their action.
You're the one trying to deny the impact of their statements, pal.

To say that if I use a racial comment IN ANY TEXT is racism,
Who said that? I remember saying something quite opposite to that. Try reading instead of assuming.

the mind boggles, and no wonder their is utterly no racial tolerance in the world. Australia is fast losing its racial tollerance to this atitude.
So objectifying people by race is the very height of racial tollerance, is it? Jesus Christy!

Its mind boggling that years ago, people thought it was ok, and would wear terms like that as a badge of honour. Now people are scared to call some-one "black, chinese, or even a NQLD redneck" without worrying about being called a racist.
Black people and Chinese people should wear their heritage as a badge of honour. I'm not questioning that. What I am questioning is when people like you objectify them by those attributes. No one should ever be proud of being a redneck. "Redneck" speaks more of attitude than of geography.

Me, I like to think I am no racist, BUT will call pom - pom, wog-wog and so on without fear.
I know you do. Your arguments make that very clear. But you are wrong.

[EDIT: too many quotes!]

undefined

remember this one?

stagga.

the old "nigger" Brown stand. use to sit in it a lot.

And to further my statements

NOTE in the article - " pejorative "nigger" may be used publicly without necessarily being racially offensive."

NOT a mention of RACISM at all in the article.

Craftbrewer

oh he got the name nigger thru a quirk of Australia, which nick-names things the opposite. ie Bluey for a red headed person

"he was given the nickname "Nigger" as a child because he was particularly fair-skinned."

Back