Chinese Hops? What Next

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you will find it is actually posters who receive "kick-backs" for posting negative comments about the buy. If Townsville was buying from the US, the "nay-sayers" would be exactly the same ones who are posting now.

cheers

Darren

darren please please please state publicly who is giving me "kick-backs" i wont be offended at all if it is true but if it is not true please state that too thanks

Buying John Deere tractors is Un-Australian

its from italy actually but bought from a dealer in australia serviced yearly in australia with all spare parts bought from a dealer in australia
maybe next time i want a tractor i will ring the factory in italy, import it direct then fly a machanic over yearly with the parts in his suit case just so i can say i STUCK IT UP THE SYSTEM?

i've read this whole thread and i am not sure what the answer is to the question!!! So many good points. The question is
Q:i had chinese take way tonight. Am i un-australian?

WOW did you import it DIRECT from china?? :eek:

Is there anything else we can include on this thread to make it more off-topic? How about a combo of plasticisers, botulism and AHB glassware?

The arguments are wearing a little thin and most people don't change their opinions anyway.

RDWHAHB. If that doesn't work, repeat until it does!

I don't know why people are talking about any post in this thread being OT. There's been maybe 4 on topic posts total and the these were all throwbacks as the thread was well and truly de-railed by post 5.

Guys, please only post specific details about these hops from now on, ok?

And is there a chance we can forget about the "UnAustralian" rants?

Yes, I know, if I don't want to hear about it I shouldn't read this topic. And I try not to.

But then my faith in humanity gets the better of me and I press on it again to see if someone has something intelligent to say.
Oh how I have been burned... Everyone has made their point.

Why can't we all just get along. Just when the bickering begins to die down, some tool, on either side, decides to throw more fuel on the fire with a fairly unintelligent post that hurts my eyes to read.

Back on Topic...

I'm fairly new to the hop guzzling business. Do the same style of hops from around the world have the same attributes i.e. bittering qualities? Or are the Chinese Cascades a different spec than other Cascades from elsewhere around the globe?

:chug:

I'm fairly new to the hop guzzling business. Do the same style of hops from around the world have the same attributes i.e. bittering qualities? Or are the Chinese Cascades a different spec than other Cascades from elsewhere around the globe?

:chug:

I have no doubts that there will be differences- witness the difference between NZ and European versions of the same hop.

It will be interesting seeing what they're like.

Question. What are you doing with Tampons Pete!

Wife.

Wouldn't be a lark if we asked nicely and Graham announced the Great Tampon Bulk Buy of 2009 on his radio show to shake up the tampon market.

:)

lot of happy gfs and wifes

Everybody calm down and watch this link to the end

we all be better for it

Kleiny

(And brewer pete i know nothing about tampons so my wife may be upset if i get the wrong color :lol: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, personally, I can't wait to get my greedy little hands and taste buds round these hops. If anything it will be fun seeing what they are like and where they can fit into the broad beery landscape. As no one really knows what they are going to be like and what style will best suit them, it'll certainly open up more vocal chords. I'll mainly be looking forward to the debates and discussion on flavour, aromas and bittering, and which style will best suit these hops, even maybe some new recipe formulations. It's not very often do we get to try the completely unknown. Be an experienced brewer or a noob we will all be in the same boat.

I don't think I'll bother with this thread anymore as it has become quite pointless IMO.

Peace and Beers Brewers.

Chap Chap :icon_cheers:

Well, personally, I can't wait to get my greedy little hands and taste buds round these hops. If anything it will be fun seeing what they are like and where they can fit into the broad beery landscape. As no one really knows what they are going to be like and what style will best suit them, it'll certainly open up more vocal chords. I'll mainly be looking forward to the debates and discussion on flavour, aromas and bittering, and which style will best suit these hops, even maybe some new recipe formulations. It's not very often do we get to try the completely unknown. Be an experienced brewer or a noob we will all be in the same boat.

I don't think I'll bother with this thread anymore as it has become quite pointless IMO.

Peace and Beers Brewers.

Chap Chap :icon_cheers:

+1 Looking forward to trying these new flavours from the hops.

And I don't feel bad buying the Chinese hops; what else is there US, UK or NZ, ummm none of them are Aussy; but I have also purchased Australian grown hops, but admitt I have <5% Austrlian grown.

QldKev

I can just imagine it at a comp :icon_vomit: judge- "this beer smells & tastes like shit" Scoresheet Overall Impression- "don't use chinese hops".

Cheers

Paul

With BABBs virtually closing down till the February mini comp (I mean the brewing aspects of it because the lager mini comp this month is the last of the year) I reckon those members who have participated in the buy should take a couple of sample bottles to the January meeting or even (if time frame permitting) to the break up. I'm sure there are a lot of non-bulk-buy brewers who would be most interested.
Ditto with other brew clubs.

With BABBs virtually closing down till the February mini comp (I mean the brewing aspects of it because the lager mini comp this month is the last of the year) I reckon those members who have participated in the buy should take a couple of sample bottles to the January meeting or even (if time frame permitting) to the break up. I'm sure there are a lot of non-bulk-buy brewers who would be most interested.
Ditto with other brew clubs.

Why the hell not? I'll be in that Bribie!

I'll be sure to save a special Chinese hoppy brew for PaulH :party: BWAHAHAHA!!!!

I can just imagine it at a comp judge- "this beer smells & tastes like shit" Scoresheet Overall Impression- "don't use chinese hops".

Ive never known hop cones/pellets to taste and/or smell like shit, even the ones gorwn in manure. Oh thats right... because its grown in the rural highlands/lowlands/lands of china, its got to be filthy :rolleyes: .

I'm taking my Hops, Char Siu and Roast Duck and going home thank you very much!

I'm taking my Hops, Char Siu and Roast Duck and going home thank you very much!
peiking duck pancakes :icon_drool2:
or carry the theme of chinese hops and make a chinese hop infused rice pudding. apparetnly someone did hop panacotta in victoria and it was ace.

I'll be sure to save a special Chinese hoppy brew for PaulH :party: BWAHAHAHA!!!!

Three posts earlier ----

Bloody hell Chappo no wonder your post count is out of this world. :lol: :lol:

TP

With the Federal Goverments wonderful immigration policy we will have more Chinese born people living in our Country than Aussies anyway - so stop coplaining, you just need to get used to it.

Pauline Hanson tried to stop it many years ago and they rolled out the Propaganda machine to stop her (and then jailed her on some BS technicality) - so us beer drinkers have no hop (pun intended).

Just hope your Hindu and Mandarin is up to scratch.

Me - i'm voting Pirate Party next election. So you can't blame me.

And we'll make him fill out a BJCP scoresheet while drinking it B)

With the Federal Goverments wonderful immigration policy we will have more Chinese born people living in our Country than Aussies anyway - so stop coplaining, you just need to get used to it.

Pauline Hanson tried to stop it many years ago and they rolled out the Propaganda machine to stop her (and then jailed her on some BS technicality) - so us beer drinkers have no hop (pun intended).

Just hope your Hindu and Mandarin is up to scratch.

Me - i'm voting Pirate Party next election. So you can't blame me.

I read that initially as " so stop copulating " Noooo obviously we need more Aussies copulating, not less :)

Hey, Chappo:

Knock, knock.

Latest posts

Back