Chinese Hops? What Next

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Living on the edge Leigh! But I admire your coconuts to get in on this one!

Will be interested to see how anyone goes with the Marco Polos. Big AA% on that one.

Depending on timing, we could brew a SMASH using the Marco Polo at the Vic case swap in Nov.

Geez China have some odd hops:

These are the ones they grow according to Wiki

Fubei-1
Hadora
Marco Polo
Nugget (originally American)
Qilinfenglu
Qingdaodahua
Yulebite
Zhayi

Leigh sounds good on the SMASH front. Apologies for the PM just figured out what 'SMASH' means by doing a search- geez I'm a dumbass. Done them before but didn't know that was the name (slaps hand to forehead).

Hopper.

Wonder if anyone bagging the idea of Chinese hops earlier will be jumping on this now they know they're cheap? :ph34r:

Think I'll sit this out. Otherwise I'll feel like a hypocrite! Plus I'm still fearful after all the poo-talk earlier!

I'll be in @ $10.00 per kilo, that's not a shitty price.

In fact I may do a bulk buy for the brewerhood bulk buyers ;) wink ;) wink ...say no more!

Batz

Twenty kilos of Cluster, Chappo and I could be knocking out XXXX clones till he's an old dude as well :icon_cheers:

I'd be in for the Cluster and Marco Polo, about the only hops I don't have in my freezer :wacko:

Andrew

I'd be in for the Cluster and Marco Polo, about the only hops I don't have in my freezer :wacko:

Andrew

Well I haven't any Marco Polo Andrew, I thought he was some woggy guy that made shirts way back....could be wrong :lol:

Batz

Twenty kilos of Cluster, Chappo and I could be knocking out XXXX clones till he's an old dude as well

Try 60kgs Bribie... XXXX anyone? :icon_cheers:

:ph34r: Mmmmm the unmentionable BB word has surfaced plus the other "H".... wonder how long it'll take before this is closed down?? Or am I being to cynical? :rolleyes:

We could make XXXX Gold but then we would have to get some incredibly dumb mates (and a dog of course) and go on fishing trips with them and talk in exaggerated ocka accents. Only dreaming of course. <_<

:lol:

Until then we'll just have to keep going to case swaps.

Seeing that snakes evolved from lizards (they still have 'spurs' where their legs would have been), I'm not surprised.

Shit or not

At those prices I will take 2 kg of each.

Cheers Altstart

Hey guys
Please dont drop me off this Buy. I joined the Qld grain bulk buy a couple weeks ago went to bed and when I logged on next day I had disappeared from the list. I am dead set serious about 2kg of each hop. I am away next week on a fishing holiday however I will have my laptop with me. Hopefully there will be coverage where I will be ILUKA northern NSW.
Cheers Altstart

Thread looks OK to me. Says what next?

We will reject Chinese hops but accept Australian chronyism as a part of being an Australian??

cheers

Darren

Back