Cheers Craftbrewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwisteveo

Reaction score
just poured my first beer from the kegerator(coopers stout clone) so a big thanks to ross and your team at craftbrewer for getting me there(no more bottle washing/as much) for me farking love it!!

Nice job steveo! So satisfying to have your own beer on tap isnt it?! No turning back now :)

beware steveo , the first week or so with a new keg setup is a dangerous time.....the fun of pouring your own , before you know it you're passed out on the lounge.

I speak from experience.
Enjoy the extra spare time you'll get from not washing bottles.

It's such a great feeling being able to pour your own home brew from your own home.

Even after the novelty wears off, you will still get the random joy off waltzing up to your fridge/kegorator and pouring a cold one knowing there will not be 30 odd bottles to keep track of and clean!

The buzz for me of filling a keg will never fade. Worth every penny.

Apart from competition brews, I've gone back to bottling my couple of litres excess-per-keg in goonies again (1.25L ones this time round, not 2L ones) :icon_drunk:
Even the sight of the bench capper makes me wince nowadays.

Funny - I actually dont mind bottling.

Edit : that said I have come up with stupid ideas from time to time about making up bottle frames and capping heads to get capping 6 packs at a time...

Bottling my swap beer nearly killed me... and that was only 25 Longnecks <_<

I had 3 brews going last week, my mate bottled one, and i kegged the other 2, I was finished, cleaned up, and enjoying my second beer before he'd even finished Hahaha

How do you think I feel after bottling 30 odd tallies of Strong Scotch Ale 2 months ago, that's still flat <_< . I still do bottle 3-4 500ml bottle from each batch as I brew once a week and go through about a keg a week, so this way I get to build some stocks up and let the kegs mature a bit

Funny - I actually dont mind bottling.

Edit : that said I have come up with stupid ideas from time to time about making up bottle frames and capping heads to get capping 6 packs at a time...
I used to be adamant about this statement too.
I had a process for cleaning and filling and really didn't mind it at all.

Until my wife bought me a keg system for my birthday.
Now even the filling of the left overs of a brew makes me mutter and go searching for all the bottling bits and pieces.

haha. Not sick of bottling every second week yet, but I definitely need to set myself up.

Still using this:

and a brick because I have lost my hammer.

:unsure:

265.jpg

brick.jpg

I'm surprised you have any bottles left using that :lol:

haha. Not sick of bottling every second week yet, but I definitely need to set myself up.

Still using this:

and a brick because I have lost my hammer.

:unsure:

That's fancy shit! I use a capper and another bottle

... lost my brick and my hammer :rolleyes:

A real man just uses a capper and his forehead! :beerbang:

A real man just dunks his stein into the fermenter :icon_drunk:

Latest posts

Back