cheapest place to get marsh pump

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stretch69

Reaction score
As the title says,

Does anyone know the best place to get a good price on one of these?
Thanks

I recently (last week) bought one from one of the sponsors.

I considered getting one sent direct from the States, but by the time you include shipping on a single pump, and the wait, it wasn't worth my while, so I bought retail, and supported the LHBS who supports us.

If you wanted to save some dollars, and are not committed to the March brand, the Kaixin pumps that Keg King sell are pretty good, and about half the price of a March.

Your other alternatives are Chugger pumps, which can be had with a stainless steel head unit.

Hope this helps.

Cocko said:
I recently bought 2 chuggers, just before the $AU fell, cost for 2 inlines incl post was US$360, so the new aussie price seems pretty fair, good to see the often typical gouging that happens in our market absent for a change.

keifer33 said:
Gryphon have a new Stainless Pump out. Got one a few weeks ago and have used it twice so far and is very easy to use. Comes prewired and the water proof switch on the top is a fantastic addition if you dont have a control panel.

http://gryphonbrewing.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=597
Does anyone know what temp this is rated to? Looking for a new kettle to chiller pump.

Bugglz said:
Does anyone know what temp this is rated to? Looking for a new kettle to chiller pump.
I'd be looking a the Chugger for the price. They are based on a known reliable model, and def won't have issues with the heat.

Marsh pump

Pump_on_the_Marsh.JPG

waiting for my chugger.. should get it next week from the oz distributor

Cheers for the link. I need more grunt unfortunately. Somewhere in the order of 10-15m max head as a minimum.

In reference to the OP there aren't any cheap suppliers of march pumps but the chugger looks like a good option, based on the above link, to replace the 809 march pump.

mrnmrsturbo said:
Cheers for the link. I need more grunt unfortunately. Somewhere in the order of 10-15m max head as a minimum.

In reference to the OP there aren't any cheap suppliers of march pumps but the chugger looks like a good option, based on the above link, to replace the 809 march pump.
Can I ask why you need more grunt? How big is this rig?

Cocko said:
Can I ask why you need more grunt? How big is this rig?
200 litre batch and the counter flow restricts the standard pumps making wort too cold and take too long to transfer.

Wow, got pics?

Sorry for the OT OP.. but a 200L rig?

You should be looking at what commercial Micros use I assume?

QldKev said:
I'd be looking a the Chugger for the price. They are based on a known reliable model, and def won't have issues with the heat.
That looks pretty good too, what oz distributer?

mrnmrsturbo said:

You may be needing something like a progressing cavity pump. They acheive high pressure with low flows and handle solids very well. You can trust me on this as i used to work at a waste water treatment plant. So many solids....

Something like This

Not sure what the cost would be though?

I know of a brewery around my parts that uses a simular pump for pushing around wort.

Nibbo said:
You may be needing something like a progressing cavity pump. They acheive high pressure with low flows and handle solids very well. You can trust me on this as i used to work at a waste water treatment plant. So many solids....

Something like This

Not sure what the cost would be though?

I know of a brewery around my parts that uses a simular pump for pushing around wort.
Been looking at lobe pumps and eccentric disc pumps but they are pricey.

Sorry bout the off topic stretch.

Latest posts

Back