Castle Hill Show Brewing Competition 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just talked to Heather at the show who is posting out the score sheets. Apparently most went out last week and the rest are all sorted and should be going out in the next couple of days.

I've just talked to Heather at the show who is posting out the score sheets. Apparently most went out last week and the rest are all sorted and should be going out in the next couple of days.
It's like waiting for fermentation hey? You've gotta be patient.

D'oh, wasn't in today's post either.

Stu,

did they get the rest posted out? I still haven't got mine :(

Stu,

did they get the rest posted out? I still haven't got mine :(

I haven't had mine either. (For some reason I didn't just put mine to the side on the day. :rolleyes: )

I spoke to Heather on Tuesday and she said they'd be posted out on Wednesday or Thursday. I will get on to her again on Tuesday (the day they are there).

That's great news, Mashmaster. :)

I've just spoken to Heather and she says everything has already been posted out.

Hopefully they will come today then

:icon_cheers:

Mine arrived too.

But who are these clowns that were judging. You'd think some of them had never judged a braggot before. :lol:

Mine arrived too.

But who are these clowns that were judging. You'd think some of them had never judged a braggot before. :lol:

Totaly agree, bunch of clowns, bet some had never even judged a beer before either. :lol:

Recieved my results today also. Stoked with many of the comments, though I didn't realise we had so many doctors at AHB. :p

Might have to post the recipe for my weizenbock by popular demand.

Recieved my results today also. Stoked with many of the comments, though I didn't realise we had so many doctors at AHB. :p

That'd be me!! B) :huh:

Let me know if you need any decyphering :rolleyes:

Will try & get yeast sent out early next week. Sorry for the delay - been flat out trying to close things out before xmas.

Thanks for the inspirational words.

:(

:D

Hope you do know I was joking, Lindsay. The comments were actually useful and I've already talked to two of the judges about my poor-performing braggot (I hear they should recover in time. ;) )

As far as I know, this is the first beer comp in NSW in quite some time to have a section for meads and ciders. Hopefully more comps can include them in future.

Scoresheets arrived today. Thanks everyone involved.

Best comment was:

Mouthfeel: "Not tasting it again to see" :lol: I guess some people dont get Brett. :p

cheers
Andrew.

Got mine today too. Thanks for the contructive feed back guys. Glad there was nothing too critical, just some good pointers.

Scoresheets arrived today. Thanks everyone involved.

Best comment was:

Mouthfeel: "Not tasting it again to see" :lol: I guess some people dont get Brett. :p

cheers
Andrew.
That's a crackup!

Good feedback from the judges with my entries. But it looks like I've gotta ramp up the hops in future.

Got my Judging sheets yesterday, thanks to all the judges and their valuable feedback. I felt like a pharmacist whilst reading a few :p

With the yeasts that are being sent out, I am going away next week and I dont want that nice proculture yeast to sit on my doorstep or in the postoffice for a week. Can I give an alternative address??

Cheers

With the yeasts that are being sent out, I am going away next week and I dont want that nice proculture yeast to sit on my doorstep or in the postoffice for a week. Can I give an alternative address??

Cheers

+1 to give an alternative address, wouldn't like my yeasts to have to suffer in a postoffice awaiting my arrival

MattC and slagster, could you PM Crozdog and let him know the address you want them sent to.

Any prize recipes you want to share BTW? :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back