Castle Hill Show Brewing Competition 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering if the yeasties have been sent yet? I got my results before xmas.

Cheers
DK

Um, the yeast sender has been very busy over the last few months but has promised to get going on it soon. Sorry about the delay but they will be sent. And as Andrew said, it hasn't been a great time for yeast to be in the post anyway. Thanks again to Proculture for sponsoring this.

prize im still waiting for my sheets. just a good question did anyone end up with mine?
just checking

And as Andrew said, it hasn't been a great time for yeast to be in the post anyway. Thanks again to Proculture for sponsoring this.
Too true! And I've got to stop being so impatient.

Had a nice little suprise in the letterbox this arvo, my Prooculture English Ale II yeast! Sadly, it had somehow leaked during transit (lets blame Aus Post for that one).
I've got a 40% full bottle with the gel packs in a ziplock bag, but it still leaked out. (and it smells pretty awesome)
But I have a stirplate, and can boost this baby up again.
Hopefully I'm the only one this will happen to, but maybe an option for a Sydney pickup point for prizes in future, in case this is an issue?

Cheers again to Stuster and Crozdog for a smoothly run comp. :icon_chickcheers:

Had a nice little suprise in the letterbox this arvo, my Prooculture English Ale II yeast! Sadly, it had somehow leaked during transit (lets blame Aus Post for that one).
I've got a 40% full bottle with the gel packs in a ziplock bag, but it still leaked out. (and it smells pretty awesome)
But I have a stirplate, and can boost this baby up again.
Hopefully I'm the only one this will happen to, but maybe an option for a Sydney pickup point for prizes in future, in case this is an issue?

Cheers again to Stuster and Crozdog for a smoothly run comp. :icon_chickcheers:

hi Pete,

glad you got the yeast. A couple had leaked when I got em, so I washed em & tightened the lid before sending. Sorry if it leaked. hope you make something nice with it.

Don't forget to let Proculture know if you make a winner - they have an honour board on their web site!!

Good suggestion re the pickup point. Thanks

Croz

Thanks guys, got my proculture today too. cant wait to try it out.

Use two of my two on Sunday. Thanks Croz for dropping them off.

hi Pete,

glad you got the yeast. A couple had leaked when I got em, so I washed em & tightened the lid before sending. Sorry if it leaked. hope you make something nice with it.

Don't forget to let Proculture know if you make a winner - they have an honour board on their web site!!

Good suggestion re the pickup point. Thanks

Croz

Sounds like Proculture could use better bottles?
Anyhoo, shit happens- I'll start my recipe hunting today.

Sounds like Proculture could use better bottles?
Anyhoo, shit happens- I'll start my recipe hunting today.

I recieved mine too which had leaked. Will the yeast be OK to use if it has leaked? Does anyone know when the certificates will be sent out?

Mahony, the yeast should still be fine I'd say.

For certificates, we have to wait until after the show as they're going to be displayed there as we are part of the show. The show is coming up soon though so should be on their way to you not long after that. :)

Picked my yeasts up from the post office today
Only found out today they were there because they tried to resend them because they stunk out the post office.
Opened the package and they had leaked and had spewed their guts up turning black and smelling like vomit. Straight in the bin they went
:(
Not blaming you Crozdog you sent them Express Post. Australia Post are the ones to blame for not even leaving a missed delivery receipt in my letter box when they first arrived.

Just letting you all know that the Castle Hill Show is on this weekend. Not sure how long they take after that to send on the certificates and ribbons, but just a heads up that it would be getting closer.

Damn shame, slagster. :(

We'll see what we can do. :)

Only found out today they were there because they tried to resend them because they stunk out the post office.
Opened the package and they had leaked and had spewed their guts up turning black and smelling like vomit. Straight in the bin they went
Not blaming you Crozdog you sent them Express Post. Australia Post are the ones to blame for not even leaving a missed delivery receipt in my letter box when they first arrived.

Just letting you all know that the Castle Hill Show is on this weekend. Not sure how long they take after that to send on the certificates and ribbons, but just a heads up that it would be getting closer.
I'm tempted to check it out this year.
I'll be down on the weekend anyway...it's on the Sunday right?

I'm tempted to check it out this year.
I'll be down on the weekend anyway...it's on the Sunday right?

Sure is. Program of events here.

I should be there on Sunday. Must remember to wear my AHB cap. B)

I'd be disappointed I'm going to miss out on checking it out & seeing my awards displayed, If I wasnt spending the weekend in port stephens tanking on at murrays. :lol:

That sucks Slagster. I hope the smell lingers in the Post Office. :icon_vomit:

Back