Castle Hill and NSW State Homebrewing Competition 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok spoke to him we are aiming for about a 9 am start, so if you could be there before that it will be great.
forgot to ask him what the final number on entries was as well

Thanks Barls. Happy to wait until tomorrow for the ultimate tally.

Are we judging together again?

no idea mate, stu hadnt done that when i was there, not that i was much help with my daughter attached to me.

Forms completed online. Will be there in the morning. Bed now. Early rise, breakfast and drive. Will be bringing a +1 (also registered to judge).

Looking forward to a great weekend

APA,s, Porters and Belgian Strongs. Stewarded
for Strong Ales yesterday afternoon, driving.

Redbeard has had a bit of a misread there i believe haha

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

No, Redbeard was there helping out so he knew the score.

Results are out.

Barry for Champion Brewer once again (well deserved indeed). Danny Hannan for Best of Show with a luscious Doppelbock.

All results are in the attachment.

Prizes and score sheets will be posted out as soon as I have a spare moment.

Stuart

View attachment Castle Hill and NSW Competition Results 2014.pdf

Ah i see! Well done barry! And to all the other winners and place getters. Pretty happy with my 5th in the specialty category

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

You little ripper! My mild (bottled neary a week and a half ago) got up for 2nd! Stoaked, can't believe I made the nats, especially with a wort I was contemplating tossing for looking too dark!

And super stoaked with my HC 4th in Specialty with a twist on White House Honey Ale (American Amber Ale with Green Mallee Honey), and 4th in Weizen.

Thanks so much for the hardwork of all involved, incredibly appreciated!

well done grant in the low alcohol, just edged me out. lets see how we go at nats.

Great job Stuart. Well organized event. Glad to be involved. Even happier to win best Pils!
Certainly some great beers to compete with. Looking forward to the Nats. Will be happy to help out next year, I learned a lot.
Hopefully with BJCP certification next time.

Yob said:
What was the actual beers in specialty?
Yeah it would be good to know what i was up against. Scores were close. I can tell you that mine was an american brown, but i didn't place ha

Features a few former Queenslanders, evidently poached- guess that's one way for NSW to have a chance at the Nats. :p

Some strong scores in there so competition was highly contested, new comers have been rubbing shoulders with some of the country's finest brewers and with a few quite reasonable results- well done to all involved! :beer:

No luck for me this year, congrats to those that did well! Looking forward to some good feedback once again. Stuart, Barry; you're both champions. Any word on the number of entries this year?

Latest posts

Back