Castle Hill and NSW State Homebrewing Competition 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bribie G said:
Lady called Heather left msg on phone today to say my entries received.

First class organisation and service, thanks guys.

Give regards to Heather. :)
if your coming down next week for the judging you can pass them along yourself. she is the one that runs the castlehill show side of things and feeds the masses on judging day.

Bribie G said:
ooh pumpkin scones?
Sorry, no. Not based on last year, but an awesome variety of meals for lunch.

You will be impressed, regardless of the lack of Flo's scones.

I expect they have to do something with the cattle, sheep and goats that didn't get a ribbon. I prefer my Dopiazas and Madrasses to be medium hot and not too much salt.

Bribie G said:
I expect they have to do something with the cattle, sheep and goats that didn't get a ribbon.
Yeah, I'm going to have to bite my tongue. ;)

My entry has been marked as 'Awaiting collection' at Baulkham Hills BC since Thursday. From memory, last year it was never scanned out due to the number of parcels being collected at once, which is understandable. I assume this is the case again this year, but if someone involved with the comp could confirm that the postal entries have been, or will be, picked up that would be appreciated.

will be talking to stu tomorrow when i drop off the entries i pick up from daves today.

Your entry was there on Saturday, Graeme. I've no idea why it doesn't pick it up from the post office (second year in a row) but the entry was at the show and will be judged.

No worries Stu, thanks for confirming mate.

Thanks to everyone for their help and cheers Les for organizing country brewer as a drop off point. Donated a couple of bottles to the staff as thanks ;) also spoke to the owner, and he is set up to start milling to order. Which is great. Overall great, clean shop with plenty of gear and a good range of taps for beer as you browse :) this is my first comp entry so cant wait

so specialty and meads then les.

The Scientist said:
So what time are we turning up on Sat?
Good question. Stu? Anyone?

I will take about 2 hours to drive there, and would like to know what time to get in the car, plus collect other judges (at least one other).

im seeing him in a couple of hours ill ask and post back. i know hes stressed and flat out atm.

barls said:
im seeing him in a couple of hours ill ask and post back. i know hes stressed and flat out atm.
I got that impression, ever since he knew that Castle Hill was the best option for this year's State Comp.

No pressure.

Latest posts

Back