Cannon Hill Home Brew Brisbane By CleverBrewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work broken shifts so I always have a few hours in the middle of the day, so yeah no problem getting that done. Cheers!

Mickdc said:
The worts are a little over 1.060 gravity and filled by weight (15ltx1.060sg=16kg (ish))
Diluting with 8lt to 1.040 SG will yield 30 750ml bottles
Dilute to 20 lt 1.046SG for Corny size.
Was referring to if they are mashed higher to allow for loss in body etc from diluting?

bradsbrew said:
Was referring to if they are mashed higher to allow for loss in body etc from diluting?
eg, a mash profile where no dilution takes place you might expect the final gravity to finish at 1012. If you were to make 15L into 20L the same mash would finish 1009 or 25% lower.

bradsbrew said:
The mashing temperature is beer style dependant. The aim of mashing is to create the carbohydrate profile relevant to the style of beer being brewed. Dilution changes the starting gravity not the carb profile. If you use a dilution rate that is within the Starting gravity range and a yeast appropriate for the style, "body" will also be within range.

Liam_snorkel said:
hey Mick do you sell (or can you get) lactic acid?
I ordered lactic and phosphoric earlier in the week should be here early next week.

I have RO water available if you bring a container -Limited quantities per day ATM. Also remineralised water usually available, but limited.

Latest posts

Back