Cannon Hill Home Brew Brisbane By CleverBrewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickdc

Reaction score
Well it has certainly been a busy few weeks. Much of the construction work is now complete and we are just waiting on our sparky to complete the electrical connection to the brewhouse.

I am expecting another 40 bags of malt in early next week

We have a Facebook page up and running now also https://www.facebook.com/CleverBrewer/ and I have started a Facebook special there on Wyeast

I had to get a few brews in the fridge (for demonstration ) so I did a few of the pouches, which I had not tried before and they turned out better than expected. Still I can't wait to get my brewhouse fired up to see if 13.8Kw is going to give me a good enough boil !

I don't see the big deal, but just FYI registering the business name under ASIC does not exempt you from the potential trademarking issues should they arise.

Mickdc said:
As much as I needed too. ASIC had no issues with the registration and i also had no issues with domain registration The 2 names are different and the businesses separated by more than 1700km by road.
In a modern electronic world 1700k's is very small. It's not always what you can get away with, SEO will be a big problem. Each time I do a search for your website , the only one that pops up is the Melbourne one. In fact the first time I searched for yours I inadvertently clicked on the other business thinking it was yours, I thought your website was great but familiar then i realised.......

Just my 2 cents.

My wife got a cease and desist letter from the states for having a yoga business name similar to another, and hers is registered here. Facebook have blocked her facebook page from being viewed in the states. Not that it matters she is only doing yoga in Brisbane a mere 15,239 km away

Mickdc said:
As much as I needed too. ASIC had no issues with the registration and i also had no issues with domain registration The 2 names are different and the businesses separated by more than 1700km by road.
Ok we'll leave common sense parked here..

Some folks go to great lengths to distinguish themselves with a unique business name.. Ill leave that here too..

2 shits I don't give to what you call your business I just wanted to make you aware, if you weren't already, that there is a similar business operating and it's likely you'll generate traffic their way with that name.

My priority is now, and will always be, to my local community and face to face with my customers when they visit the store.

I will eventually have a web store because my customers have asked for it, but my focus will still be on my physical store.

Which, (if you can get over whatever it is called) we are told, is heading in the right direction.

In any case the future plans for the store will almost certainly see a change of name anyway.

And a lovely shop it is turning into after some weeks of of absolute hard graft ftom Mick and Lou. As a regular customer I could not give a flying frig what its called. And yes everyone that walks in asks him if he's a franchise of the Melbourne mob.

Welcome to AHB Mick. Sometimes it feels at first that people are always shouting at you (sometimes they are). Its one of those places where people speak so freely that all of a sudden it can look like WW3 might break out. Shrug it off and have beer - its what unites us all. Just forget about who won the war and never mention how whether you sprinkle or rehydrate.

If you want a cheap way to advertise sell a few items on ebay and if they pick up they have to go to your shop and if you courier or post can include some information about the shop and what you have to offer .

Hi Mick. I thought you were in England buying a pub or was that a floating brewery in Italy. Well I guess you must have sold your dishwasher by now or are you using it in the shop?

Do you do CO2 refills on the spot? My tank decided to empty itself over night [emoji31][emoji31][emoji31]

Liam_snorkel said:
Do you do CO2 refills on the spot? My tank decided to empty itself over night [emoji31][emoji31][emoji31]
He does

Beersuit said:
Hi Mick. I thought you were in England buying a pub or was that a floating brewery in Italy. Well I guess you must have sold your dishwasher by now or are you using it in the shop?
The missus was unable to get a visa we were happy with so we came back to Oz, The floating brewery was to be on the canals in the UK not Italy There are some great opportunities there as parts of the country switch on to beer styles other than Cask ales

Dishwasher, hmmm, I have had loads of dishwashers, and I am using one I've had for a while in the demo kitchen - Smeg. I sold the big Washtec

I was nearby a few weekends ago, so dropped in to Cleverbrewer at Cannon Hill.
I was surprised at the sheer variety of brewing gear bits and bobs they have that we all break or need replacements. Prices were good too.

Mick had a good range of fresh liquid yeasts and said he was expecting a shipment of grain the next week, so there's another good option for us on the southside.
Thanks for the chat Mick, good to meet you.

Latest posts

Back