Cannon Hill Home Brew Brisbane By CleverBrewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That front page photo and the business logo is the business mate!

Really professional. When I'm down there I'll drop in for chat and some bits and pieces.

Silicone bungs for glass carboys and 750ml bottles is a priority! :)

Hope business is going well mate

Gladfield and other good malts available by the kilo at decent prices. The 200 litre brew rig out the back is going to be punching out some pretty FWKS soon. Open til 2pm on Sundays and most of the day Saturday. No affiliation (except I seem to spending all my money there since it opened)

Just came back from Cannon Hill Brewing - Mick is still full tilt on getting his 200 litre brew rig wet and attending to his stainless fetish in the kitchen area. He has put one of his own batches of FWK - Euro Lager for $36 a cube. He also asked me to mention that he has an offer for AHBers for Spec Malts (over 40 ebc) that he will sell them by the kilo for the price per kilo that he would do a whole sack. Just don't ask me for a price list. Took a couple of pics of his setup - apols if they are a bit dodgy.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nope they are 15's but Mick said they would still come in around 4.8 abv if made up to 23 litre batches.

LAGERFRENZY said:
Nope they are 15's but Mick said they would still come in around 4.8 abv if made up to 23 litre batches.
But are they brewed to accommodate dilution? Surely diluting to 20L would have a different body to diluting to 23?

Yes they are brewed ro accommodate dilution just as the All Inn brews are done. Usually to make a 20 litre batch. My own preference for a lager is a bit thinner than a 5.0+ abv. Guess I wll have to buy one and brew it and report back on it. Oh the pain.

That's a good price for the wort, might gift a couple to my old man for xmas. Personally I'd only get one if it came with a 20 litre cube

i hear you about the cube size - you might be able to negotiate a slight margin if the cube was returnable. great thing about dealing with the proprietor, brewer and chief bottle washer :p and baker...

Moving to the southside next week... will be dropping in for sure.

bradsbrew said:
But are they brewed to accommodate dilution? Surely diluting to 20L would have a different body to diluting to 23?
The worts are a little over 1.060 gravity and filled by weight (15ltx1.060sg=16kg (ish))
Diluting with 8lt to 1.040 SG will yield 30 750ml bottles
Dilute to 20 lt 1.046SG for Corny size.

How long does it take to fill a 6.8kg CO2 cylinder? Mine's pretty close to needing to be re-filled... although I might swap it for hopefully a newer one first

Rocker1986 said:
How long does it take to fill a 6.8kg CO2 cylinder? Mine's pretty close to needing to be re-filled... although I might swap it for hopefully a newer one first
We usually fill them on the spot, but a few blokes will drop the in on the way to work and pick the up in the arvo. We open at 6.30am and close at 6pm weekdays till 8pm Thursdays.

Latest posts

Back