Can someone please recommend me a beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stonedpirate, I'll lend you this picture of a spider I drew. You can give it back once it helps you find the beer you are after.

spider2-578-80.jpg

And I refer back to my previous post.... Do not feed.

stonedpirate said:
lol

This article summed it all up nicely for me: http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/02/05/comment-craft-beer-exists-so-guys-who-don-t-drink-wine-still-get-be-pretentious

Beer is beer people.

Buy it cheap and cold and you're set. If you need beer with a hint of caramel, vanilla and bacon then you need to find a woman that can cook.
Why? Food is food yeah? Buy it cheap and filling and get on with building your boat.

This is a forum devoted to a particular hobby. Should you wish genuine advice on pursuit of said hobby, you'll find it here. Should you wish for amusement by internet troll behaviour, you can find it elsewhere.

You've been given some reasonable advice by genuine people trying to help. If you want to act like a knowitall in the face of that, then that's up to you but your time here will be short lived.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
stonedpirate, I'll lend you this picture of a spider I drew. You can give it back once it helps you find the beer you are after.

spider2-578-80.jpg
Why wasnt I offered a helpful spider when I was new???

HA! I think the helpful spider posts are among the funniest things I've ever seen on here.

Is there an internet forum for trolls to talk about the passion for and techniques of trolling? And do people go on there to troll the trolls?

(I'm sure it's a Reddit subforum...)

GrumpyPaul said:
Why wasnt I offered a helpful spider when I was new???
You thief! That one was meant for stonedpirate, give it back.

Why? Food is food yeah? Buy it cheap and filling and get on with building your boat.
Good point. Food snobs with their endless cooking shows on tv are even worse than beer and wine snobs.

I dont see why people have to over analyse consumption. Are their lives really that empty and meaningless?

To each their own i guess...

This is a forum devoted to a particular hobby. Should you wish genuine advice on pursuit of said hobby, you'll find it here.
Fair enough. I guess i made this thread without really knowing what i was looking for and what this whole scene is all about.

I am still interested in home brewing for the cost savings and health benefit factors, its just that taste profiles and styles and all the other wank that comes with it are no longer factors for me.

If i can find a homebrew that is comparable to mainstream macro lagers minus the excessive taxation and chemicals then i'm done. I can brew, drink and be merry without participating in the pretentious scene of craft beer.

Homebrewing and craft beer are not one and the same. It can actually be much harder to nail a lager than some of the "Craft" styles you may be referring to. You are in good hands on this site if you want to make a macro lager type brew. Temp control and sanitisation are your friend. Looking after the yeast is a key for lagers also, even faux lagers.

stonedpirate said:
lol

This article summed it all up nicely for me: http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/02/05/comment-craft-beer-exists-so-guys-who-don-t-drink-wine-still-get-be-pretentious

Beer is beer people.

Buy it cheap and cold and you're set. If you need beer with a hint of caramel, vanilla and bacon then you need to find a woman that can cook.
Dude you are definitely on the wrong forum. There are beers and then there are Beers. I reckon you might find this website http://www.drunkard.com a little more to your tastes :)

Cheers - Snow.

stonedpirate said:
lol

Beer is beer people.

Man, I lost count of how many times I had this article emailed to me... I don't know why people feel the need to try and bring others down for enjoying something.

Sail and anchor draught seems like the beer for you

I don't know why people feel the need to try and bring others down for enjoying something.
It's usually the other way around though.

I cant go out these days and order emu export or VB at a bar without some some bartender telling me to go to the bottle shop you cheap bogan drunkard peasant idiot or have a bunch of yuppies look down thier nose at me for drinking crap macro peasant beer. You must pay $10 for my craft beer or you are shit. Go drink sail and anchor and leave us to our barrel aged wonder beverage.

Hence why the bogans like sending snobs articles validating what they always knew about beer.

2 classes in every society. The snobs vs the bogans.

The snobs want to intellectualize eating and drinking and taking a shit whereas the bogans just get on with it.

I've changed my mind, I think we should keep him as a pet and maybe try and start a small troll farm. Question is can they eat spent grain?

yes, all people who cant distinguish buttery diacetyl from passionfruit banana ester are trolls..

stonedpirate said:
yes, all people who cant distinguish buttery diacetyl from passionfruit banana ester are trolls..
Yes, anyone who claims to know nothing about brewing yet can reel off things like 'buttery diacetyl' is Trollin'

yeah, that 3 minute beer snob youtube video has given me a wealth of knowledge on the complexities of beer

stonedpirate said:
I am still interested in home brewing for the cost savings and health benefit factors .
Interesting choice of words... At a minimum of 10 beers a day, health benefits are somewhat mitigated..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back