Can Fridge Kegorator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatgodzilla

Beer Soaked Philosopher
Reaction score
coke_fridge.jpg

No success in the search, so appealing to the masses? Those round fridges shaped as a drink can - anyone thried to make one into a kegorator?

View attachment 46463

No success in the search, so appealing to the masses? Those round fridges shaped as a drink can - anyone thried to make one into a kegorator?
I have Fatz.
Mine had a relatively small space, but just enough for an 11/12L keg to fit in.
Mine was also broken when I bought it, which I knew, so I ripped the fridge motor off so it wasn't so bloody heavy...

Aside from that, all I did was drill a hole for the beer line and one for the gas line.
I found with mine I needed to get the barbed fittings as otherwise the lines went up too far above the level of the lid for it to close properly.

I just put some ice blocks, or loose ice, around the keg and it keeps things cold for a gathering.
I plan to mount a bracket for the soda stream bottle to sit in, but it has slipped down the list of priorities...

Anything else you'd like to ask let me know. I could stretch to some pics if you need it...

Mines a VB one but I'd imagine they are all fairly standard...

Anything else you'd like to ask let me know. I could stretch to some pics if you need it...

Been offered one cheap, but can't see why I would want it unless I could modify it to something useful. The weight (with the motor) was something I hadn't thought of (I was thinking they would be fairly portable. The inside height issue is something too - I best take an empty keg along first and check it out. And if it only holds one keg .. well may not be worth the bother.

Thanks BC - that's opened my eyes a little.

Been offered one cheap, but can't see why I would want it unless I could modify it to something useful. The weight (with the motor) was something I hadn't thought of (I was thinking they would be fairly portable. The inside height issue is something too - I best take an empty keg along first and check it out. And if it only holds one keg .. well may not be worth the bother.

Thanks BC - that's opened my eyes a little.
The motor + compressor made it a little heavy on it's own, then I was mentally adding 10kgs for the full keg and decided it just wasn't worth keeping it there when I knew if didn't work...
I got mine very cheap so as an easy way to transport a little keg for gatherings it's useful.

Latest posts

Back