Campfire Mega Jet Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep after the first boil there will be bugger all paint on there. I wouldnt worry and would keep using it.

I think the width limit is more to do with the stands stability.

The paint will burn off most new burners, then they start to get rusty and look yukky :(

QldKev

but not a dangerous situation you don't think?

hey, just curious, what size is the diameter of your pot? i bought one of these jet burners today, and started doing a test boil, and as i was doing it i noticed the paint starting to burn/melt off around the base. then i looked on the box and noticed it says 'pots with a minimum diameter of 250mm and maximum 300mm, my pot is about 500mm in diameter (80L), i stopped the boil at about 45degrees. got a bit worried, im thinking that cos my pot covers the whole thing, the heat can't escape up around the pot. have you or anyone else had a similar problem to this? i'll be pissed if i can't use it! also what do you stand it on?

The stability of the supplied stand is most definitely a safety concern if you are useing a pot with a diameter of 500 MM. I use the same size pot as you and I never burnt the paint off the stand supplied with my Nasa cos I replaced it with a much sturdier one. The thought of 100 litres of boiling wort chasing me out of my shed as I attempted to dance a Spanish flamenco inspired me to not even use it once.
Cheers Altstart

but not a dangerous situation you don't think?

Paint all good,

I don't think I would trust a large batch of boiling sugar solution on a cheap stand.

I run 2 x nasas on my 140L pot, but they are mounted into a custom stand that I probably could use to support my car on.

QldKev

thanks for the replys. the pot only overlaps the stand by about 50mm the whole way round. Feels pretty sturdy, but any signs of it weakening or becoming unbalanced and i'll try get another stand for it.

Resurrecting an old thread here, but these are going cheap at Snowy's at the moment : http://goo.gl/vWPHvX

Any more of you out there with experience of these burners? For those in this thread, how are they holding up after a few years?

Great price Colvs! I paid the full $149.95 for mine. Bought it about 3 years ago and it's still going strong. 20-30mins to reach a rolling boil for 30-40L, then you can turn it right down to a minimum to maintain the boil with ease. Make sure it's not windy because the flame can blow out when it's on low.

Strap it to your arse and fly to the moon when you crank it up! I can get about 6 brews out of a 9L gas bottle, maybe more. Love it!

MrTwalky said:
Great price Colvs! I paid the full $149.95 for mine. Bought it about 3 years ago and it's still going strong. 20-30mins to reach a rolling boil for 30-40L, then you can turn it right down to a minimum to maintain the boil with ease. Make sure it's not windy because the flame can blow out when it's on low.

Strap it to your arse and fly to the moon when you crank it up! I can get about 6 brews out of a 9L gas bottle, maybe more. Love it!
Cheers MrTwalky! Just what I wanted to hear. Ordered one just now.

I'm considering buying one of these, but my 70L pot is about 500mm diameter. Where does one get a sturdier stand? What can I search for?

Latest posts

Back