C02 Leak

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarsideOfCrazy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a C02 leak somewhere and can't find it with the spray bottle with detergent in it.

When I turn off the gas and I have the disconnect disconnected, the gas leaks out after about 1hr. The high pressure gauge drops to zero but the low pressure will hold pressure for about 2 days. I have 1 disconnect with a one way valve.

I'm thinking that it might be the washer between the reg and the tank valve.

Anyone else had this before?

Cheers.
Farside

I have had a leak at the reg thread before. My reg is cheapish and even with double washers it leaked, I end up putting a bit of thread tape on the bottle. It took me ages to find it, I end up filling the kitchen sink with water and inverted my bottle and reg into it.

yep I've had a leak there before too. Also once on the 'face' of the reg, where it unscrews to replace the seals etc - at least where a micromatic unscrews.

I have had a leak at the reg thread before. My reg is cheapish and even with double washers it leaked, I end up putting a bit of thread tape on the bottle. It took me ages to find it, I end up filling the kitchen sink with water and inverted my bottle and reg into it.

Thanks for that Boston. I would have thought that submerging the whole reg would damage the gauges. I have a micromatic reg and don't fancy stuffing the gauges.

yep I've had a leak there before too. Also once on the 'face' of the reg, where it unscrews to replace the seals etc - at least where a micromatic unscrews.

Hey Sammus, what exactly do mean by 'the face' of the reg? Do you mean where the actual numbers are behind the clear plastic?

I recently had a leak on the threaded part of the C02 disconnect.....found it by putting the all the C02 lines in a bucket of water.

After much arsing about, I found my unconnected quick disconnects are the source of my CO2 leaks. Keeping them connected to kegs stops the CO2 from escaping!

Next order for bits and bobs I put in will include isolation taps for each gas line to stop this from happening.

That's wierd - I'd also be looking at servicing those disconnects as they *shouldn't* leak.

That's wierd - I'd also be looking at servicing those disconnects as they *shouldn't* leak.

They've leaked since I've had them (bought new)...went through 3 sodastream bottles before I figured out where the system was leaking. Maybe there was a faulty batch? Anybody else had issues with the gas disconnects?

Latest posts

Back