Bye - Bye, The Beer Guy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the best at the new job! They've certainly got the right guy for the job. Your one of the lucky ones who will have a job they like ya *******! Won't be able to make it so good luck with it all and thanks heaps for all the help you've given me :)

All the best in your new job Keith; sounds like a wonderful opportunity with a good Company - Hopefully I'll get to pop bye & say hello before too long.

cheers Ross

All the best in your new job Keith; sounds like a wonderful opportunity with a good Company - Hopefully I'll get to pop bye & say hello before too long.

cheers Ross
Thanks Ross.

It is all looking pretty groovy.

And for sure, if you, or anyone else on-line for that matter, are cruising around the Hunter drop on by.

Thanks again,

Keith

Well todays the day.

And this is your final reminder.

Much Beer, some Food and plenty of excellent Company will be on hand at the Shop after 1.30.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all there.

(Except for Peve, who's on a quest for Love :p )

Happy brewing,

Keith

Well todays the day.

Keith

G'day Keith,

Hope this arvo is a great occasion - you deserve it mate. You've helped many Newcastle brewers over the years, myself included! I tried hard to get there and had some Grand Cru ready to bring, but can't get away from work up here - ferments to manage basically, and a brew to setup for... At least it is a brewing related reason!

Anyway, have a great day and I know you'll make a success of the new career. We'll organise that Murray's/Potters tasting yet!

Shawn.

Well, I'm in no state to be posting after such a top afternoon. Plenty of great company and plenty of great beers. Cheers to the Hunter crew and Mark and Keith for a top show. I enjoyed every second of it.

sounds like you had a great arvo goat!
Not happy I couldn't make it, should have been there at about 3pm,
but had more work to do than we thought. (bloody work) :angry:
Another HAG gathering i've missed :(
Hope all had a good day.

A Good time and 10L of the Potters Hop Monster, glad no more came - more for me.

pOSTING PI55ED
MHB

Thanks Guys,

and if I didn't get around to telling you individually - let me share it here.

Along the way many people thanked me for my help or encouragement or whatever.

The truth is that I owe many thanks to many people. I have had the opportunity to learn from many people in a job that combined my passion for beer, and also gave me the opportunity to talk about beer and help others make better beer.

Booo Yeaaaahhh!

In particular let me say thanks to Mark for the opportunity to work and learn from him.

And also thanks to the many customers who I have both learnt form and becomes friends with.

(yeah I know the previous sentence ends with a prepositon and am familar with the Churchill anecdote, but I've been drinking)

Thanks.

(sorry Offline, I have posted while drinking against all better advice, but it's not a patch on Pat of pistolpatch fame)

And a special mention must go the bottle of beer, or more specifically the label on the bottle of beer that Schmick gave me as a farewell prezzie (in no way am I being dismissive of any other gifts, but clearly Schmick put time in, above and beyond the call of duty). Unbelievable. But much appreciated, nevertheless (as was Louise's patience during the afternoon).

Thanks.

Keith

Was it just 6 months ago?

Well Luke has moved on to a new brewery in Melbourne and it looks like our very own "Keith the Beer Guy" is the new brewer at Potters.

Mate my most sincere congratulations, its a great opportunity and it's good to know that the next couple of HAG events will have a welcoming home.

I think I might have this years New Years recovery drinks at Potters - turns out Keith will be working that day and I think a few visitors would do him a world of good - or we could give him a very hard time which would be much more fun.

About 2 PM if anyone is interested.

MHB

Awwwww thats F*#k'n tops news. I was a bit concerned we would loose them both. I love going to potters and being able to have a good honest chat with the brewer about the beers. Shame Luke left as he was a tops bloke and brewer but these things happen.

Congradulations Keith :super: :icon_cheers: Your the right man for the job and i think i speak from everyone here in the hunter....... you have our full support.

Cheers

Keith

Wonderful news. Good to see an NNL Course Graduate picking up a role (I say with a smile on the face). Always knew you had it in you.

So Keith, the question is, when are we going to start studying for the AME exams - i reckon I'll need someone to whinge at whilst doing it ...

Scotty

Congrats Keith you deserve it! Was sad to see Luke go but Potters are lucky to pick up another great brewer to fill the spot.

Really great news!

I'm there if there is a recovery session on new years Mark.

Cheers

Keith
Its is a rather large mantle that you have been handed but one that I am sure will fit and will be worn with pride.
Good News......

Kurtz

:beerbang: We're not worthy, you are Keith but we're not

Disclaimer
Speaking for myself that is, other people on this forum may also be worthy.

This thread is just filled with me saying thanks to people :lol:

I gotta say it feels great to be doing something that I'm passionate about. Getting paid to make beer! And better yet, getting paid to make good beer! Ya gotta love it.

Following in Luke's footsteps will not be an easy task, Luke knew his sh*t, made world class beer, was very much a people person, a great bloke to share a beer with and incredibly bloody generous. I am very appreciative of the time I spent working with Luke and wish him much success at Otway Estate.

My new position at Potters offers many opportunities and presents new challenges. I am looking forward to the job in front of me and am very appreciative of the support that I have received from family, friends and fellow staff members.

Thanks again to everyone out there who has taken the time to offer congratulations, sage advice or just been thinking some positive thoughts. It is much appreciated and I certainly look forward to catching up and sharing a beer or two along the way.

Cheers,

Keith

Nice work! I trust we will see some big Belgians start to come out from here on in? ;)

Well done Keith
I trust there will be a seasonal for every month of the year coming soon? Good to see that ya have the top job, I look forward to paying you a visit up there.
All the best
Trent

Latest posts

Back