BWS special - Sol

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian4379

Reaction score
not sure if its just my local shop but they had 940ml bottles of Sol for $4 each, it was a ticketed price not a markdown stamp so may be in other shops.

not my favourite beer but i want the bottles and my lime tree is loaded :)

they are clear bottles from memory? not ideal for home brew i'd say due to potential light skunking of the hops!

i dont mind, they get stored in cardboard boxes in cupboards anyway

I tried to use those Sol bottles, they're a pain the arse.
The neck is very narrow and makes it difficult to fill, more so its very difficult to pour without stirring up your yeast.
If your gonna spend $4 a bottle of that you might as well buy new longies from your LHBS, or raid the recycling centre.

i didnt think about the filling, always something to learn

If you are anywhere near a Ist Choice Liquor (Coles shadow of Dan Murphy) you might be lucky to find some litre bottles of Argentinian Quilmes - traditional shaped brown bottles. Beer about on par with Sol and other Latin American 5% pale Bud style light lagers.

At $4.00 a bottle I might be tempted to drink it as a thirst quencher.

Tropical_Brews said:
At $4.00 a bottle I might be tempted to drink it as a thirst quencher.
Last bottle I grabbed wasn't a thirst quencher, more of a sink filler

bradsbrew said:
Last bottle I grabbed wasn't a thirst quencher, more of a sink filler
Ha Ha but I can drink VB without retching. In fact I don't mind it at all.

Bugger the $4 Sols, they had $10 Chimay there last week. Ommm nom nom nom nom nom :chug:

just gave up on the sol and got out a lcba clone, much better suited for the 12.4c it is here now

Back