Bush Fermentation Control.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver

Silver
Reaction score
ferment.jpgThought i'd send in a pic of my fermentation control on this sweltering day. Although i have the means to achieve exact control i thought i'd post a pic to show it's easy enough to maintain 23 - 24 C. Water in kiddies play pool, wet towel, capilliary action blay blah blah. Thing is, it works and these temps while not ideal, produce beer which is very drinkable. Hope this helps someone.

Cheers

Silver

Nice one. Try some frozen pet bottle of water in there to drop it to a nice 18 deg. Works a treat.

It is hard to take you seriously with that box in the background.

I'd personally be more worried about the sand, termite/mould infested timber and comet making shit in the water the fermenter is sitting in but hey, looks more drinkable than the box contents :p

Nothing a litre of bleach wont fix!

Edit: Just saw the area... sandgate. LOL.

Just sanitise the crap out of that tap before draining the beer from it eh mate :)

Settle down bum, just because i have a bunch of mt bottles doesn't mean i drank em and don't worry about hygiene in my brewery, I wipe everything wif me shirt first. ;)

Looks pretty much exactly what I've just set up, except for the beach in the pool. :lol:

I usually just spray the crap out of the tap, inside and out, with starsan before draining anything through it. Seems to work nicely.

+1 on the frozen PET bottles on a hot day.

Latest posts

Back