Wiring Temp Control into Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many so called competent DIYers would fully understand AS300 and the need to be able to wire up to the ASNZ standard

I actually rang the NSW office of Fair Trading about DIY appliance wiring. Basically you can do you own appliance wiring ( fixed wiring is illegal ), BUT it has to be done to ASNZ.

If shit goes down and you end up in court and you did not wire it up to the standard you could be looking at jail time

DONT **** WITH ELECTRICITY. Its pretty simple

Ducatiboy stu said:
How many so called competent DIYers would fully understand AS300 and the need to be able to wire up to the ASNZ standard

I actually rang the NSW office of Fair Trading about DIY appliance wiring. Basically you can do you own appliance wiring ( fixed wiring is illegal ), BUT it has to be done to ASNZ.

If shit goes down and you end up in court and you did not wire it up to the standard you could be looking at jail time

DONT **** WITH ELECTRICITY. Its pretty simple
So basically what you’re saying is you have checked it out and it is perfectly fine and dandy what the op is doing.

But you would recommend against sexual interaction with electricity.

Well I for one am glad that has been cleared up and this can be put to bed.

Sex and electricity is not my thing....

There are probably web sites for those that are into it.....

Ducatiboy stu said:
Sex and electricity is not my thing....

There are probably web sites for those that are into it.....
Ok so now we are narrowing it down. You don’t enjoy sex involving electricity. But what the op is proposing to do with his fermenting fridge is fine?

Ducatiboy stu said:
You said it was ok to do your own appliance wiring, BUT it has to be done to ASNZ. No?

So what the op is doing, in particular starting this thread to seek advice on doing it to properly is all good, Yes?

This threads certainly going places innit it?

Advocate? You mean like Devil's Advocate? As in one who argues a point not necessarily of their own belief in order to instigate an argument or create debate. Sounds eerily familiar...

What did I miss?

Were any fridges harmed in the making of this thread?

Cheers,
D80

Ducatiboy stu said:
Do you think we should delete this thread and start again from the top, so confusing? :p

OK so coming back to this thread there is way too much to cover with the time I have available. I still haven't progressed any further than the figuring out of the wiring for this, I should also mention old mate sparky did bring up moisture and say technically whatever.... (I argued that paper doesn't absorb any moisture EDIT:'in butter compartments')... I asked am I gunna die and he said prob not 'shrugging his shoulders' if I seal the connections in the fridge from moisture. I definitely recommend earthing the door, I personally can't believe he didn't recommend doing so.
EDIT: 'plus seal and lock the butter storage compartment and ideally have the STC itself in it's own enclosure with grommets to seal moisture. At the end of the day this is probably not an ideal solution given the considerations needed.'

Latest posts

Back