Bulk Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What hops did you get mate,ive looked at their website not much going.
Emailed them they said there harvest has started and they should be restocked by October!
$93 for 2.3kgs top buy :beer:
cheers humulus
1lb willamette 1lb magnum , 1lb galaxy 1 lb cluster , 1 lb galena . can save better if buying bittering hops, still buy my spsecialty hops from cb.
depends what you want. i find my biggest expense is bittering hops in most brews.
however i'm looking forward to availability of the specialty hops in a month or two :icon_drool2:
i buy my grain precracked at a premium price so i figure i can save on the hops to make ag more affordable, maybe one dayi'll get a mill?

gees thats cheap, i pay like $8 i think at my LHBS for 60grams.

I don't buy them from him, but my LHBS has started selling hop tea bags in 15g pouches for $5 each.

I don't buy them from him, but my LHBS has started selling hop tea bags in 15g pouches for $5 each.

Americans buy 225g for $5. Any wonder they all drink IPAs and we drink VB...

What is the best place to get NZ flowers for a good price? Any ideas.

I know this is a pretty old thread...

but does anyone know anywhere with fresh US domestic pellets still? HopsDirect and Niko both seem to be sold out of the most popular (which what i'm after). Am i too late? No fresh US hops for me this year?

I know this is a pretty old thread...

but does anyone know anywhere with fresh US domestic pellets still? HopsDirect and Niko both seem to be sold out of the most popular (which what i'm after). Am i too late? No fresh US hops for me this year?

Niko doesn't have the 2011 crop in stock yet, apart from CTZ. Be patient and hopefully stock will become available by early-mid January.

Ok, cool. Thought they had already had them and sold out...

Niko doesn't have the 2011 crop in stock yet, apart from CTZ. Be patient and hopefully stock will become available by early-mid January.

Although he has had two goes at releasing 2011 citra - each lasted about 5 hours. You can sign up to his newsletter which will tell you when various specials and releasing are coming. Just go to his website and plug in an email.

Although he has had two goes at releasing 2011 citra - each lasted about 5 hours. You can sign up to his newsletter which will tell you when various specials and releasing are coming. Just go to his website and plug in an email.

+1 and sign up to the RSS feed - you'll find out pretty quick.

Goomba

+1 and sign up to the RSS feed - you'll find out pretty quick.

Goomba

Thanks for the helpful replies folks, our Cascade should be 2011 crop very shortly as well. We're doing inventory this week and we have 2011 crop packed and ready when the 2010 runs out and we'll know if we're switching over this week within a few days. We're also going to put 2011 Citra and Simcoe online in 2oz packs (we have a very limited supply, those full pounds we offered went extremely quickly), and we'll also have some 2010 Crop Amarillo in 2oz packs as well, within about a week. We have even a smaller supply of this. We will have 2011 crop Centennial once our current 09 and 2010 supplies have been depleted (I'm assuming within a month or so), and 2011 Chinook should be online in around that time frame as well. As suggested on the forum being on the newsletter is a good way to be kept up to date. Thanks again folks for your support, it's been a pleasure serving our Australian customers and I'm excited to continue doing so for many years to come!

Thanks for supplying us :icon_cheers:

It great to be able to order the 2 1/2 lb orders of your favourite hops anytime. Looking forward to the 2011 Cascade, will you be stocking Amarillo this season?

QldKev

+1 for me too! Fast service and postage and, no waiting in customs this time. Great stuff thanks Niko.
I was one of the lucky ones to score a pound of 2011 Citra.......yum!
'Also grabbed a pound of Bravo to play with. Anyone have any recipe suggestions? APA's will be my slant on them.

Cheers and happy brewing holidays to all. :icon_cheers:

Thanks for supplying us :icon_cheers:

It great to be able to order the 2 1/2 lb orders of your favourite hops anytime. Looking forward to the 2011 Cascade, will you be stocking Amarillo this season?

QldKev

Thanks for the feedback, folks! As for Amarillo unfortunately I don't anticipate getting any 2011 crop this year but I did stumble upon a brewery and made a trade for 44lb of 2010 crop. Stored cold the quality will be high and we're repackaging that into 2oz packs. We should have that online by sometime next week.

Thanks for the feedback, folks! As for Amarillo unfortunately I don't anticipate getting any 2011 crop this year but I did stumble upon a brewery and made a trade for 44lb of 2010 crop. Stored cold the quality will be high and we're repackaging that into 2oz packs. We should have that online by sometime next week.
Out of interest what would the 2010 Amarillo AA% be?

There has been some chatter in the past that the 2010 6.9AA% (iirc) sourced from hopsdrirect was less than pleasing, some going as far as saying it wasn't Amarillo. Personally I was underwhelmed.

I have a pound of 2011 10.1AA% Amarillo from hops direct and will report results after their use in the next few days.

Edit: keeping it in topic... Great service from niko wil be a regular customer for their high quality products in the future.

There has been some chatter in the past that the 2010 6.9AA% (iirc) sourced from hopsdrirect was less than pleasing, some going as far as saying it wasn't Amarillo. Personally I was underwhelmed.

Could it have been "blended"? With Cascade or something? To buffer it out?

To be honest, when I first got some of the 6.9% stuff I was a bit sad that it didn't have that "rexona sport deoderant" zing ... then I got to like it better, as I don't like beer that tastes and smells like antiperspirant.

Now I can't stand "real" Amarillo. Conversely, my armpits no longer smell like my beer - and that's saying something about both my armpits, and my beer.

Drinking an APA now with 9.1% 2009 centennial from NIKO, all I can say is :icon_drool2: . Great hops NIKO.

I actually don't know the alpha of the 2010 Amarillo yet as it's not in my possession though it should be within the next few days and we should have it made into 2oz packs and online a few days after that. Also we've been able to bump up what will fit in a flat rate envelope (thanks to the postal service and larger envelopes for the same price of $14 USD!) to 4 full pounds and 3 1/2 pounds if mixed increments (2oz, etc).

Latest posts

Back