Bulk Hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just add a small amount of dry yeast to some brown sugar in a glass, pour in some water and cover with glad wrap and a rubber band. In a couple of days it has finished growing and can be added to the fermenter. I just use an unsterilized glass from the cupboard and have never had a problem. :lol: Some of the extremes I read people post on here are hilarious.

You really should be using baker's yeast if you're trying to make grandpa's homebrew

I just add a small amount of dry yeast to some brown sugar in a glass, pour in some water and cover with glad wrap and a rubber band. In a couple of days it has finished growing and can be added to the fermenter. I just use an unsterilized glass from the cupboard and have never had a problem. :lol: Some of the extremes I read people post on here are hilarious.
No need for a fermenter, just throw it into an old bathtub and away you go.

You really should be using baker's yeast if you're trying to make grandpa's homebrew
I used to use bakers yeast. :D It's cheaper using just a tiny bit of dry stuff multiplied on sugar. :p

I used to use bakers yeast. :D It's cheaper using just a tiny bit of dry stuff multiplied on sugar. :p

beer ferments a lot quicker and better at 30 degrees to. and this all grain stuffs a waste of time and money, a tin of of farmland lager and a kilo of sugar makes a way superior brew. unless your airlock stops bubbling then your in all sorts of shit.

oh and back on topic i get most of my hops from niko. exellent sevice and always good qaulity goods. im just sweating on some fresh simcoe, used up my last recently and im missing my favourite hop atm.

beer ferments a lot quicker and better at 30 degrees to. and this all grain stuffs a waste of time and money, a tin of of farmland lager and a kilo of sugar makes a way superior brew. unless your airlock stops bubbling then your in all sorts of shit.
That sounds a nasty brew. :eek:

You can save even more on yeast by not using it at all and just stirring the cooled wort with your foot every day until it starts to bubble.

My last buy up was at Ellerslie Hop, 4kg of a range of hops delivered to the door within a day of ordering .

You can't get any better than that.

You can save even more on yeast by not using it at all and just stirring the cooled wort with your foot every day until it starts to bubble.
If you do that what variety of hop should you use? :huh: Is there a name for that particular style of brew? :lol:

Dont need hops just put your dog in the fermenter for a few laps

hops direct, got mine today, 11 days, 2.3 kilos, $93 all up landed on my door step. :)
ask for a flat rate box for shipping

hops direct, got mine today, 11 days, 2.3 kilos, $93 all up landed on my door step. :)
ask for a flat rate box for shipping
What hops did you get mate,ive looked at their website not much going.
Emailed them they said there harvest has started and they should be restocked by October!
$93 for 2.3kgs top buy :beer:
cheers humulus

What hops did you get mate,ive looked at their website not much going.
Emailed them they said there harvest has started and they should be restocked by October!
$93 for 2.3kgs top buy :beer:
cheers humulus
Yup it's their autumn over there right now and the happy crew over at Peterbaugh Farms will be going full bore. Early November seems to be the golden time to check out their domestic varieties.

"$93 for 2.3kgs top buy"

gees thats cheap, i pay like $8 i think at my LHBS for 60grams.

Just bought 3 pounds (1360g) from Nikobrew for AU$44.93 delivered... good value. Still buy all my flowers/leaves/plugs and the occasional once off hop from Ross though.

It's totally worth buying some varieties of places like Craftbrewer. Say Czech Saaz for example will cost me $39.50 per pound and I'm there anyway often so there's no postage. That's a fair price.

But no way would I pay that for Pride of Ringwood. It's half that.

Big +1 to Niko hops, was at my house 12 days after notification of it being sent.

Latest posts

Back