• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Bulk hop rhizomes for sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I have been putting up 4 strings per barrel and then run 2 up as an X across the others, ending up with a "string-unit" about a meter across, so that could be the case.

G'day,
I'm selling hop rhizomes.
Based in Adelaide Hills.
Roughly 18 varieties this year.
List of what I have available;

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4IwgItgVQMAaDFrMll6MG05NEU/view?usp=sharing

Each individual piece is tagged with metal, measured and described, priced, potted and the pot labelled, to avoid confusion.
Rhizomes are kept potted in soil to keep them healthy and vigorous.
I grow organically, make my own soil, and keep all varieties segregated in large growing tubs.
Local collection or delivery by negotiation, and keep the pot and soil.
I post out in Australia Post express post satchels for $11 (500g) and $15 (3kg) in sealed bags with damp peat coir.

Happy to take emails [email protected]

Cheers,
Nelsen

I know im alttle late but do you still have any hop rhizomes for sale
Cheers Iain Penola SA

Hello,

I am wondering whether you will be selling any hops in 2016?

Thanks

Craig

Hi folks,

I'm selling hops rhizomes in 500 gram packs this year. That works out to less than $4 per rhizome, with on average more than a dozen large chunky rhizomes per 500 gram pack. (They look a lot smaller in the photo below than they do in real life. A 2 year old Victoria crown only yielded about 1 and 1/2 kilos of rhizomes as an indicator.)

500 grams will be the weight of the rhizomes before packaging. Postage will be $15 and I can send 5 x 500 grams per parcel by express post for $15.

Varieties are as follows.

Victoria $50 for 500 grams
Cascade $50 for 500 grams
Cluster $40 for 500 grams
Golding $40 for 500 grams
Mt Hood $40 for 500 grams

I recommend putting at least 4 to 6 rhizomes per hole to maximize first year yields. Commercially they put 6 to 8 per mound. That will also safeguard against failure. I normally get at least 1 kilo of dry hop cones from both my Victoria and Cascade per plant.

Victoria and Cascade are the highest yielding varieties and Cluster is reputed to do well in the tropics. My fav variety is Victoria. The photo is of Victoria rhizomes.

Send me a message if you would like some rhizomes. Payment will be by bank deposit. Cheers.

View attachment 80547
Are you still selling?

Hi folks,
Yes I can probably start selling some rhizomes soon if people are interested. I didn't realise that this thread had been running for a bit. And I notice above that it was hijacked by some dude named Nelson, whom should have started his own thread lol

Hi folks,
Yes I can probably start selling some rhizomes soon if people are interested. I didn't realise that this thread had been running for a bit. And I notice above that it was hijacked by some dude named Nelson, whom should have started his own thread lol
what types will be on offer mate

I will have:
  • Cascade;
  • Cluster (which may be Pride of Kent);
  • Columbus; and
  • Victoria.
At the moment I am planning to sell them for $15 per 100 grams. That is at least 2 good sized rhizomes. I may start a new thread rather than continue on with this one. What do you think?

I will have:
  • Cascade;
  • Cluster (which may be Pride of Kent);
  • Columbus; and
  • Victoria.
At the moment I am planning to sell them for $15 per 100 grams. That is at least 2 good sized rhizomes. I may start a new thread rather than continue on with this one. What do you think?
Can you please email me [email protected] and let me know what amounts you can fit in different sized satchels along with the postage costs.

Back