Bulk Buy - Little Brown Pumps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Warwick, how did the order go, any Eta?

Hey I have just paid for it now.
Things don't happen very fast in China...
I have no ETA so far.

However hopefully I will soon.

Final price for everyones reference by the time I paid the paypal sting's was $18.50 per pump.
Once they arrive we will reinvestigate freight..

Warwick

My brother just imported 10 of these pumps for the same reasons several people have outlined.

I personally purchased 2 of the brown Herm-It pumps from Nev a few months back when the $32.50 price was on offer.

I can't see any difference visually between the 2, except the sticker. The after sales support is probably better though.

Anyway - back to what I was going to say, I bought stainless fittings from Keg King for my pumps. Their 1/2" NPT fittings work really well with a few turns of teflon tape to improve the seal.

I have a mix of their 1/2" nipple (whirlpool arm and transfer to fermenter) and 8mm nipple fittings (for 3/8" stainless wort chiller) as well as their 1/2" quick connect fittings. All work really well.

Aside from the pump base on one of them breaking, the pumps have worked like champions.

I have missed getting in on this buy but would really like a similar pump that has a better flow rate at a higher head height - 5-8L/min at 6m head would be good (I want to pump water from a holding tank back into my water tanks that sit about 5m above the brewery). So maybe the 24V model may fit the bill, either from Nev or a BB if they are not being stocked.

That is all.

Duck

Thanks Wallace.

Well they are ordered. No actual definite ETA so far. However I expect they will be a few weeks coming from China..

Warwick

Hey Warwick,
What's you location? Some people may want to organise pick-ups

Not having had any experience with pumps whatsoever, I've read you have to start the pump with liquid in the lines (primed). How do you prime the pump? Gravity fed?

Thanks Wallace.

Well they are ordered. No actual definite ETA so far. However I expect they will be a few weeks coming from China..

Warwick

Do we have an updated eta on this order as yet?
Cheers,BlackRat

Do we have an updated eta on this order as yet?
Cheers,BlackRat

Not as yet I'm sorry.
Things take time in China..
Don't worry I'm as anxious as you are.
I expect though that it will take a few weeks.

Did you get a confirmation of order email? They usually give you a lead time in there.

Did you get a confirmation of order email? They usually give you a lead time in there.

Yes I did. It says 5 weeks to delivery from payment.
The supplier seemed to think it would be before that however but hasn't confirmed a date.
I will contact them again to check on it.

Warwick

Latest posts

Back