Bulk Buy - Erlenmeyer Flasks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to see that lolly jar boiling away on the stove.

Sammy,

You do not have to boil up your starter wort in your Erlenmeyer or lolly jar on the stove. I boil in a saucepan & decant into the sterilised vessel of my choice. :)

While I am here I have noticed that there are a few 2000ml buyers who do not intend to get either the 500ml or the 1000ml Erlenmeyer? (Perhaps you already have one?)
You may find it awkward stirring a 100-150ml first step in a 2000ml vessel due to the lack of depth for the stir bar to work in.
Just my observations & 2 bob's worth. :)

TP :beer:

Sammy,

While I am here I have noticed that there are a few 2000ml buyers who do not intend to get either the 500ml or the 1000ml Erlenmeyer? (Perhaps you already have one?)
You may find it awkward stirring a 100-150ml first step in a 2000ml vessel due to the lack of depth for the stir bar to work in.

I only own two 2lt erlenmeyers,first step is always 500ml for me.We all do it different hey?

Batz

I only own two 2lt erlenmeyers,first step is always 500ml for me.We all do it different hey?

Batz

Well Batz,

A lot of these brewers have participated in the test tube bulk buy & with all my yeasts stored in tubes I find that I have to make my first step 100ml or less of wort to get approx the 10\1 ratio of wort\yeast that are the recommended volumes to step up to.
You most certainly have more yeast to throw into your starter than the small amount stored in a test tube. :)
Are you over in WA yet? Just curious I guess?

About to leave for the airport now Pete

Merry Xmas everyone,I should be able to use the sons computer from time to time.

Batz

About to leave for the airport now Pete

Merry Xmas everyone,I should be able to use the sons computer from time to time.

Batz

You too Batz, Have a safe one.... :D

Cannibal, re payment, when the deed is done are you going to PM us with an 'invoice' and include your bank a/c details or should we send you an old fashioned money order?

500ml (Total 6)
2 - Cannibal Smurf
2 - Kram (Pending)
1 - Hutch - Melbourne
1 - Dunno

1L (Total 5)
2 - Cannibal Smurf
2 - Kram (Pending)
1 - Dunno

2L (Total 14)
2 - Cannibal Smurf
1 - Sully
2 - Kram (Pending)
2 - Dicko ACT
1 - BribieG
1 - Homebrewer79
2 - Lachlan
1 - Hutch - Melbourne
2 - Dunno

3L (Total 8)
1 - LexP
1 - Josh
2 - DickoACT
1 - CityMorgue2
1 - Bizier
1 - Sully (Postcode 4504)

Thx Smurf, the price didnt really stack up on the 3ltr, I didnt check the others. G&G $43 VRS $37 + delivery ($14) I would prefer G&G and whilst visiting p/up a new liquid.

Edited my name off.
Cheers n Merry Xmas

500ml (Total 7)
2 - Cannibal Smurf
2 - Kram (Pending)
1 - Hutch - Melbourne
1 - Dunno
1 - Josh

1L (Total 5)
2 - Cannibal Smurf
2 - Kram (Pending)
1 - Dunno

2L (Total 14)
2 - Cannibal Smurf
1 - Sully
2 - Kram (Pending)
2 - Dicko ACT
1 - BribieG
1 - Homebrewer79
2 - Lachlan
1 - Hutch - Melbourne
2 - Dunno

3L (Total 8)
1 - LexP
2 - Josh
2 - DickoACT
1 - CityMorgue2
1 - Bizier

500ml (Total 7)
2 - Cannibal Smurf
2 - Kram (Pending)
1 - Hutch - Melbourne
1 - Dunno
1 - Josh

1L (Total 6)
2 - Cannibal Smurf
2 - Kram (Pending)
1 - Dunno
1 - tourist

2L (Total 14)
2 - Cannibal Smurf
1 - Sully
2 - Kram (Pending)
2 - Dicko ACT
1 - BribieG
1 - Homebrewer79
2 - Lachlan
1 - Hutch - Melbourne
2 - Dunno

3L (Total 9)
1 - LexP
2 - Josh
2 - DickoACT
1 - CityMorgue2
1 - Bizier
1 - tourist

How do you attach an air lock to the flasks? Do they come with lids?

How do you attach an air lock to the flasks? Do they come with lids?

Rubber bung with hole drilled down centre for airlock. I know Dave's in Syd has them, and I am sure others would stock them also.

just put some aluminium foil over the top of it or glad wrap (like all those glad wrap fermentor brewers).

othersie you could buy a rubber bung with a hole or drill a hole in it to fit your airlock
EDIT: beaten

just put some aluminium foil over the top of it or glad wrap (like all those glad wrap fermentor brewers).

othersie you could buy a rubber bung with a hole or drill a hole in it to fit your airlock
EDIT: beaten

Gladwrap is all is use. I have a rubber bung and airlock for the small flasks (250 and 500mL) but dont bother using them anymore. I dont have a bung big enough for the 5 and 6L flasks.

Thanks guys. Put me down for a 3l.

500ml (Total 7)
2 - Cannibal Smurf
2 - Kram (Pending)
1 - Hutch - Melbourne
1 - Dunno
1 - Josh

1L (Total 6)
2 - Cannibal Smurf
2 - Kram (Pending)
1 - Dunno
1 - tourist