Building new bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farsonic

Reaction score
My existing home bar area is in line to be completely ripped out an replaced. I'm thinking seriously about putting in a 3 door commercial fridge, something like this -> http://acesolutions.com.au/three-door-stainless-steel-bar-cooler/

This is going to take up 80% of the under-bench space that I would have available but would allow me to keep beer, some corny kegs and overflow from the kitchen fridge when needed. Would ideally like something like this that I can modify to fit 2 or 3 beer taps and don't really want a dedicated kegerator as such. What would it take to provide a hole for beer as well as external gas supply? I'm thinking of a cupboard beside the fridge to hold gas cylinders.

Beyond, that does anyone have suggestions on what to add to a home bar setup? I'm thinking things like
  • Separate under-bar wine fridge (Yes, hearsay!)
  • Some pop-up power points/usb as I like working from a bar height bench for work
  • 2-3 Beer taps (2 beer and sparkling water) ... glass rinsing?
  • I'll have a sink, but anything I should consider here?
Is there anything that you would have added to your bar if you had the chance in hindsight?

Cheers

FP

You definitely need one of these
X045BR_600x500.png

When I was looking into this for my upgrade I emailed the manufacturers I was interested in to confirm internal dimensions, all of them weren't tall enough to accommodate a keg (so something to consider).

I bought two of the pinnacle kegerators and am really happy with them, if your aim is two-three kegs maybe consider one and a dedicated wine fridge as well (assuming kegs don't fit).

I second the suggestion made by Stu.

I think we all second the suggestion by Stu! I have a huge cathedral ceiling where the bar is, so it is going to a bit of an engineering challenge....

I've emailed the manufacturer of the fridge asking for a manual and will try and get a look at one of these before purchasing and will probably take a corny with me also to be sure. Was certainly a concern for me that these would actually fit vertically. Kinda reluctant to get one and drill holes in it, however the cost of the fridge isn't huge really in the scheme of things.

F

farsonic said:
I've emailed the manufacturer of the dancing pole to make sure i can get one that fits and made of stainless
Good man. Love your work :beerbang:

All bars need drainage, floor drains make light work of cleaning after a big night. Conversly all dancing poles need uplighting.

MastersBrewery said:
All bars need drainage, floor drains make light work of cleaning after a big night. Conversly all dancing poles need uplighting.
The ultimate paradox

Latest posts

Back