Brissie Floods (object Found)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like a separator funnel. the pic could be upside down.........pretty fishy really

Another pic - from different angle.

IMG_0056.JPG

I think those things are used for bukakke videos B)

-BD

seriously it looks like the flasks that they use in the flavoured liqueur stores

I think this is right, I recall a mate and I used to call the Flaschengeist shop in Brisbane City the erectile dysfunction shop as they had heaps of large vessels like that pictured with the hoses dangling down. If you dont know what Flaschengeist is see http://www.flaschengeist.com.au it looks like a franchise that is doing poorly. Not surprising really, all the liquors I had from there tasted like base ethanol flavoured artificially and sweetened so much that it felt like the cells in my mouth were going to rupture from the osmotic pressure.

Having worked in one of those "flavoured liqueur stores" I can categorically state that these are exactly the vessels we used, including the little pinch-tap on the flexible hose - they may have many other functions but they have definitely been used in these kinds of stores.

And Rudi is right, they didn't sell too well and the Flaschengeist franchise was doing pretty poorly and fell over in the ACT. Plonk was all about this sort of business when I started there but I slowly ordered more and more beers and the boss kept saying things like: "Dan, are you sure that shelf has always been used for beer and wasn't at one point a liqueur shelf" and I'd feign ignorance and my beer stuff slowly took over.

Now we have none of that liqueur nonsense in the store :)

Of course, I do know a few people who have made things like limoncello in that sort of vessel too - so it might have had a private use.

cheers!

D

those flaschengeist shops are all over germany. I think the shape of the bottle functions very well as a money extractor from goey tourists. Im imagining one with a giant candle in the top, taking up all the room on a romantic dinner table.

sim

Latest posts

Back