Brissie Floods (object Found)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brando

Reaction score
I saw a woman grab this object from the Brisbane River as it floated by in the recent floods.

A lot of people were standing around, but nobody seemed to know what it was (including me).

It was just a couple of hours after the river peaked, and what taken near the Riverside Centre in the city.

What is it?? For wine perhaps?

IMG_0057a.JPG

er.. don't spose you can scrape some residue out and send it to me for... er.. clinical testing?

:p

Sorry mate, but the woman kept it.

She was going to leave it behind, but her husband say "arrr....honey....we might take that home with us....I think I might be able to use it for something".

Jeez! It looks like it's from Peachester.... bloody choppers are always flying over that joint! :lol:

I saw a woman grab this object from the Brisbane River. What is it?? For wine perhaps?

Dude get your eyes looked at.
Either this is some sort of serious lesbian who wants to man out with hairy legs, or it's some bloke picking up a weird flask.

Dude get your eyes looked at.
Either this is some sort of serious lesbian who wants to man out with hairy legs, or it's some bloke picking up a weird flask.

No mate, that's the hubby taking it home, after the misses fished it from the river.

seriously it looks like the flasks that they use in the flavoured liqueur stores

It could be the new fuel tank for Qantas A380 explosion problems or a small live yabbie tank or one of those things you piss in to stop African fish swimming up your mullet and blocking your urethra.

looks like its def used to cook something!

I've seen them on ebay - in fact I would have bought one if they were cheaper. They're sometimes sold as fermenters. If it isn't from a meth lab (ie full of all sorts of weird and probably poisonous stuff) it would make an excellent fermenter for wine. Glass - so not the same risk of oxidation, but still with the convenience of a tube on the bottom.

seriously it looks like the flasks that they use in the flavoured liqueur stores

I think this is right, I recall a mate and I used to call the Flaschengeist shop in Brisbane City the erectile dysfunction shop as they had heaps of large vessels like that pictured with the hoses dangling down. If you dont know what Flaschengeist is see http://www.flaschengeist.com.au it looks like a franchise that is doing poorly. Not surprising really, all the liquors I had from there tasted like base ethanol flavoured artificially and sweetened so much that it felt like the cells in my mouth were going to rupture from the osmotic pressure.

Latest posts

Back