Brisbane Brewpubs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T.D. Keeping things close to my chest at the moment ....but yes we do have brewing projects in the pipeline.

As they say......watch this space :)

Cheers Ross

Great work Ross! :icon_chickcheers:
I am sure your secret is safe here.........on the internet :unsure:
Did you ever scrap someone commercial kit when you were in that game?

James

The Brewhouse was awesome. It would have been good at Sandgate because it's only a few train stops from me. Anywhere North Side will suit me fine though!

T.D. Keeping things close to my chest at the moment ....but yes we do have brewing projects in the pipeline.

Cheers Ross

Good to hear there are still plans on the boil!

Anyone know whats on tap at the Platform bar at the moment? Our work function is just over the square on Saturday night and I've been talking the place up as a meeting point.

Is the Platform Bar the good one? It's always shut when I try and go there.

The 'standard pub' next door has Fat Yak (in a nice glass), Golden Ale and I think Amber... plus other standard beers.

Is the Platform Bar the good one? It's always shut when I try and go there.

The 'standard pub' next door has Fat Yak (in a nice glass), Golden Ale and I think Amber... plus other standard beers.

Yeah mate its the flash looking one near to Drinx, has Meantime, Singha Stout, etc in fridges behind the bar.

Anyone know whats on tap at the Platform bar at the moment? Our work function is just over the square on Saturday night and I've been talking the place up as a meeting point.

How come nobody mentions the Rubber Stamp downstairs from the Platform Bar?
It can't be gone already surely?

TP :beer:

How come nobody mentions the Rubber Stamp downstairs from the Platform Bar?
It can't be gone already surely?

TP :beer:
There's another bar? Downstairs? as in below Ann Street level?

Anyway, tried to stop in for a few Rubber Stamp brews yesterday on a Saturday afternoon but the place was locked up tight.
Had to take the walk to the Belgain Beer Cafe ...

Cheers Ross

Ross
There will be some nice 2nd hand gear up for grabs in March when our current kit is traded in. It would be great for doing wort kits as you could easily do 3 x 6hl batches in a day!

Gerard

Rubber stamp/Platform bar is the same place. For some reason the Platform Bar does a "Rubber Stamp" tasting paddle. We were there 2 weeks ago on a Saturday nite, looking at the good range of tap beers only to be told to bugger off cause it was a private function :( .

Ross
There will be some nice 2nd hand gear up for grabs in March when our current kit is traded in. It would be great for doing wort kits as you could easily do 3 x 6hl batches in a day!

Gerard

Hi Gerard,

I'd heard on the grapevine that you'd had some serious quality issues with the current kit & hence the upgrade?

If that's not the case I may well be interested.

cheers Ross

Hi Gerard,

I'd heard on the grapevine that you'd had some serious quality issues with the current kit & hence the upgrade?

If that's not the case I may well be interested.

cheers Ross

Just getting a bigger brewery to cope with demand. There have been a few adjustments & welding jobs, but we have cut about 4.5 hours off our brew day so things have improved.
Gerard

Rubber stamp/Platform bar is the same place. For some reason the Platform Bar does a "Rubber Stamp" tasting paddle. We were there 2 weeks ago on a Saturday nite, looking at the good range of tap beers only to be told to bugger off cause it was a private function :( .

Sounds like it was the same Saturday. Too bad they were booked private that day.
I thought the Platform & Rubber Stamp were one and the same. I was beginning to think there may have been a speakeasy in the basement where the REALLY good beers are served. ;)

They let us off work after lunch yesterday, so I took the car and left it where my wife works and caught the bus into the city. It got stuck in traffic for 5 minutes right in front of the Platform, and seeing they were open, and the fact someone already dinged for a stop, when it did make it to the stop I got off and had a beer... or five ... three Alpha's, a Dogbolter, then another Alpha. For some reason the 'Dogbolter' tasted like the Sebastian Reserve.... maybe my taster was off by then, but I needed another Alpha to get the taste out of my mouth. It wasn't a bad taste, just not one I wanted on my bus trip home.

OK, so I'm going to be in Brisbane on Wednesday 1 April for business and I've been searching through the archives for pubs to go to. Here's the list I've come up with.

Still going:
Platform bar/Rubber Stamp - Grand Central Hotel (central railway station)

International Hotel 525 Boundary Street Spring Hill (just out of the CBD)

German Club 416 Vulture St, Woolloongabba

Belgian Beer Cafe (got these in Sydney, don't feel the need to go to another)

Possibly still around but evidence suggests they've gone:

152 Oxford, Bulimba

St Arnou Beer Cafe

Gone but coming back(?):

The Brewhouse

Not really my cup of tea (or pint of Carling):

Union Jack's (Hot Male Strippers will be on site from 8:00pm)

So which of my top three should I concentrate on? I need to be reasonably awake the next morning so perhaps I should only aim to visit two of these. All suggestions welcome.

Your first picks are right on the money, no others worth going to as far as I know.

Platform is the pick, International is OK, German club is good value and range, leave Belgium beer cafe to last as it is that same as every one in every city.

Have fun.

Cheers!

This is tomorrow, so if you see a chap on his own in one of the top three establishments say hello as it may well be me.

I'm also heading up to brisbane soon

So this is pretty much the list of beery places to go in Brisbane?

- Platform bar/Rubber Stamp - Grand Central Hotel (central railway station)

- International Hotel 525 Boundary Street Spring Hill (just out of the CBD)

- German Club 416 Vulture St, Woolloongabba

Any other recommendations?

Cheers

You can add Pig And Whistle in Eagle St

Beers below
  • <LI style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-STYLE: italic">Hand Pumped Bombadier (UK)
  • Abbott Ale (Suffolk, England)
  • Tetley Bitter (Leeds, UK)
  • Beez Neez (Matilda Bay, WA)
  • Stella Artois (Belgium)
  • Guinness (Ireland)
  • Hoegaarden White (Belgium)
  • Redback (Matilda Bay, WA)
  • Kronenbourg 1664 (France)
  • Strongbow Draught (England)
  • Coopers Pale Ale (SA)
  • Cascade Light (Local)
  • Little Creatures Bright (WA)
  • Carlton Draught (Local)
  • VB (Local)

New Brewhouse (or Brisbane Brewing Co.) news! we have finally recieved our liquor licences!
Our old pale ale stock (wich just won silver at the AIBAs*) is currently being served at the Shafston Hotel! go in and ask for it!

will keep you updated!

*not bad for an 8 month old APA! imagine the score a fresh batch would get :eek:

I'm going to be in town from this Sunday, the 26th through until Friday. From the sounds of the recommendations I'm going to be at the Platform most nights and or lunch times.

Latest posts

Back