Brewshare Night In Sydney & Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is done and getting some age on it in the keg.

It's based on marris otter, Smoked malt, roast malt, choc malt, flaked barley, roasted rolled oats and malted oats. OG was around 1.090 and it finished around 1.025. Its big, toasty, massively chocolaty, and has those lovely warm alcohol-preserved dark fruit notes. Not much smoke (teensy bit in the background) despite using 30% smoked malt - bit supprised really. Overall VERY happy with this one.

I'm probably going to be overseas in May, so I may have to send mine in via proxy....

What is everyone else brewing?

I've got an Imperial Stout, Oatmeal Stout and a Chocolate Porter all lined up.
Which one tastes best the night before will be the one I bring along.

Doc

I kegged my Foreign Extra Stout tonight. Most of it is for the NSW Special Case Swap. Hopefully there'll be a few bottles left over for the Brewshare night.

Maris Otter, Light & Dark Crystal, Carafa Special III, Roast Barley. Pride of Ringwood. Wyeast Pacman. 1.070 - 1.021.

Decisions...decisions...decisions

I've got a Porter ready to go, and have just bottled a 9% RIS, along with an experimental Cherry RIS. Hope the 2 months is enough time to let the RIS's mellow a little bit, will leave them well enough alone until just before the date, then decide between the 3.

Looking forward to this brewshare, hopefully us Melbournites can atone for previous no-shows

I have an oatmeal stout that has been in the bottle for 6+ months and doing pretty well.

hmm - Okay. I'll have a crack. I'll either brew a Brown Porter or bring a couple of litres of my Raspberry Imperial Stout.

A reminder!! Spread the word!!

Our quarterly BrewShare night for homebrewers is coming up again in May at both venues. Let's make them the biggest yet!

The date in St Kilda is Tuesday May 5th and Darlo Tuesday 18th May. The chosen style is Stouts/Porters but you can also bring anything you want (which will be judged as Open Class beers).

Homebrewers of all standards are welcome as are non-homebrewers who wants to try the homebrews of others. The cost of the night is just $10 and you prepay by using the appropriate button in the left hand column of this blog (make sure you choose the right venue). Finally, those bringing beers must fill in this form I've just activated with all the details of the beer. This is then handed around on the night.

Click here to learn how BrewShare works or here to read recent BrewShare blog posts!

Thanks to Dave's Home Brew and Grain & Grape for their support.

I've just booked. The American Black Ale in my sig is basically a hoppy American Porter so I'll probably bring that.

Maybe bring some Saison & Brett APA just to get some more opinions as well. Hope the Melbourne one goes ahead!

I've just booked. The American Black Ale in my sig is basically a hoppy American Porter so I'll probably bring that.

Maybe bring some Saison & Brett APA just to get some more opinions as well. Hope the Melbourne one goes ahead!
That makes at least 2 of us now, Breno.

Will be bringing along a RIS, assuming it's not still mouth-puckeringly raw, otherwise will fall back on a Porter I brewed a couple of months ago

Melbourne BrewSharers, next Tues is the day and you need to book ASAP and fill in the separate form. All the info about the night can be above.

Homebrewers of all standards are welcome as are non-homebrewers who wants to try the homebrews of others. The cost of the night is $10 (which goes to pizza) and you prepay by using the appropriate button in the left hand column of our blog (http://thelocaltaphouse.blogspot.com/ - make sure you choose the right venue). Finally, those bringing beers must fill in <a href="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JNF2SRT">this form</a> I've just activated with all the details of the beer. This is then handed around on the night.

The night will be probably be cancelled if we don't get enough homebrewers so tell your friends to come along and book!

The night will be probably be cancelled if we don't get enough homebrewers so tell your friends to come along and book!
Rather than threatening with "the stick", how about we focus on "the carrot":

1) You get to drink good beer
2) You get to talk about beer to a sympathetic audience (no eye rolling "here he goes again")
3) It's an excuse to drink mid-week (as if you need an excuse)
4) You get to drink good beer
5) Gets you away from the missus / rug-rats for the night
6) Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast is currently on tap :icon_drool2:
7) It's close to public transport, so no need to risk the boys in blue
8) There'll be pizza
9) You get to drink good beer

Me personally, I'm excited about next Wed night. I'll be there, with my drinking boots on.

The date in St Kilda is Tuesday May 5th and Darlo Tuesday 18th May. The chosen style is Stouts/Porters but you can also bring anything you want (which will be judged as Open Class beers).

Melbourne BrewSharers, next Tues is the day and you need to book ASAP and fill in the separate form. All the info about the night can be above.

Therein lies the problem, aaaarrrrgggghhhhhh!

The 5th of May is a Wednesday night, not a Tuesday.

The online booking form, where I placed my booking, states 5th of May (a Wednesday). I have a (paid) ticket for Wednesday the 5th of May. And is still taking orders for Brewshare night on Wednesday 5th of May - Linky

So, OzTapGuy, are we on for next Tuesday night, or next Wednesday night? If it's Tues night, I'm a no-show, and going to need a refund.

I'm probably going to be overseas in May, so I may have to send mine in via proxy....

Hey Johnny,
I can take yours along, but only if i get to claim it as my own :p , especially since you won last time. I have a Brown Porter, but it aint really up to scratch, so I might have to pass this time :( .
Oztapguy, have you got any more pizza? :p

Rather than threatening with "the stick", how about we focus on "the carrot":

1) You get to drink good beer
2) You get to talk about beer to a sympathetic audience (no eye rolling "here he goes again")
3) It's an excuse to drink mid-week (as if you need an excuse)
4) You get to drink good beer
5) Gets you away from the missus / rug-rats for the night
6) Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast is currently on tap :icon_drool2:
7) It's close to public transport, so no need to risk the boys in blue
8) There'll be pizza
9) You get to drink good beer

Me personally, I'm excited about next Wed night. I'll be there, with my drinking boots on.

Valid point. The comment was meant for Melbourne homebrewers though.. The first BrewShare event there got 4-6 people along and last time had to be cancelled as we got only one booking. This time around we've ramped up the promotion..

For it to work, we need more homebrewers to come along for all the great reasons you list!! You forgot to mention that there's a $100 voucher to be won too!

Therein lies the problem, aaaarrrrgggghhhhhh!

The 5th of May is a Wednesday night, not a Tuesday.

The online booking form, where I placed my booking, states 5th of May (a Wednesday). I have a (paid) ticket for Wednesday the 5th of May. And is still taking orders for Brewshare night on Wednesday 5th of May - Linky

So, OzTapGuy, are we on for next Tuesday night, or next Wednesday night? If it's Tues night, I'm a no-show, and going to need a refund.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhhhh! You're totally correct. The BrewShare nights are held on Tuesdays but we somehow put Tuesday May 5th which doesn't exist. It is on Tuesday May 4th. This was an honest mistake by someone so a thousand apologies. I have posted a correct on our blog and will change the TryBooking button ASAP.

Email me at steve AT thelocal.com.au and we'll sort out a refund.

Being the only other person who has booked Wednesday night works for me if need be? Although still with only two people it doesn't matter anyway. What happened to the few other people further up the thread that said they'd probably be in?

I planned to come along with WB but sadly I'm off o/s again for work :-(

I have a 6 month old oatmeal stout ready to share !!

Latest posts

Back