Brewshare Night In Sydney & Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Melbourne BrewSharers, next Tues is the day and you need to book ASAP and fill in the separate form. All the info about the night can be above.

The night will be probably be cancelled if we don't get enough homebrewers so tell your friends to come along and book!
It's unfortunate that there is only a small number of Melbourne-homebrewers who have expressed interest in what seems to be a very good idea.
However, in their/our defense, the organization (or lack of it) could be to blame in some respects.
It's less than a week away and there is total confusion with what day it is on, the website(s) required for registration are confused and chaotic, much of the information is piece-meal and difficult to understand.
I previously signed up for the 'mailing list' and have not received one email promoting anything including the brewshare nights (but you have sent me several SMS about other related events).

I understand that you are probably more busy running the pub than dealing with technology/advertising/online stuff, but at the same time I'm sure it would help/encourage people to participate if things were sorted out and easier to understand.

Was hoping to make it (I have an oatmeal a/g stout and a Liquorice molasses coopers kit with extras) but can't make tues as I cook for a street kitchen.

hopefully I'll be able to make it to another one.

the click here to book link doesn't seem to work? Anyone else having trouble
The booking link does not work for me either, just returns back to the default page.
However, the Linky from WarmBeer's post does to go a 'trybooking' page which I assume is what is required - it just says Feb 2nd and May 5th, neither of which are the correct dates.

The booking link does not work for me either, just returns back to the default page.
However, the Linky from WarmBeer's post does to go a 'trybooking' page which I assume is what is required - it just says Feb 2nd and May 5th, neither of which are the correct dates.

This kinda screwup rarely happens to us :)

Anyway, I have just fixed so please try again!!!!

Steve

It's unfortunate that there is only a small number of Melbourne-homebrewers who have expressed interest in what seems to be a very good idea.
However, in their/our defense, the organization (or lack of it) could be to blame in some respects.
It's less than a week away and there is total confusion with what day it is on, the website(s) required for registration are confused and chaotic, much of the information is piece-meal and difficult to understand.
I previously signed up for the 'mailing list' and have not received one email promoting anything including the brewshare nights (but you have sent me several SMS about other related events).

I understand that you are probably more busy running the pub than dealing with technology/advertising/online stuff, but at the same time I'm sure it would help/encourage people to participate if things were sorted out and easier to understand.

Thanks for the honest and constructive feedback Brew Dog. We are indeed v busy running the bars but I personally spend a lot of time getting my head around new media (Facebook, Twitter, databases etc). We don't send any emails out to our database (other than Ale Star members) as I spend heaps of time doing the blog - which has another database! What we will prob do is delete that database and ask people to subscribe to the blog, Facebook or Twitter as we do update all of those.

We have also been developing a single Diary page with all events on one page where you can get the info and book. Genius! :)

Re BrewShare, the day/date was just an honest mistake - Tues May 5th doesn't exist of course. In future, we are also removing the link to the information form. This will be emailed to only those people who have formally booked.. Basically, one less link! Anyway, we have fixed the bad link to the payment page (St Kilda only, Darlo is fine) so hopefully we'll get a few more. We really enjoy supporting home brewers and hope Mel can emulate the fun of the BrewShare in Sydney..

Please be patient. We are getting there and appreciate the feedback..

Foreign Extra Stout ready to go. Catching the train into the city (Darlo) after work on the 18th. Should be a good night.

So is there a form to fill out this time? Or will it be emailed to us before the night?

I have a larger-than-style mild that I will bring along to Darlo. It is kinda like a baby brown porter.

If there are any homebrewer's in Melbourne keen to come to tomorrow (Tues) night's BrewShare night, please book today. There is a minimum of 5 homebrewers needed and, as yet, we currently only have two homebrewers signed up (and two non-homebrewers).
I should have read this before calling on the 'phone.

Come on people - at least 2 more bookings today - its a great idea so would be a shame to see it die due to lack of interest.

I'm not really into stout/porter but I'll try to find something drinkable to bring along, and hope that others can do the same, at least support the night and have some fun if for no other reason. :)

What time is kickoff, Oztapguy?

Edit : I'm booked. See you there with some Dry Stout.

What time is kickoff, Oztapguy?

Edit : I'm booked. See you there with some Dry Stout.

Great that you've booked!

Night officially starts at 7pm but you must be ready to go with your beers so we encourage you to come earlier!

hmm... I was interested in attending this in Nov, but sadly had other plans. If you're still desperate for more brewers, I could have my arm twisted, the only problem is fitting the theme - I take it, it's stout?

I may have a few bottles of black beer left from a brew six months ago, or I may have none

hmm... I was interested in attending this in Nov, but sadly had other plans. If you're still desperate for more brewers, I could have my arm twisted, the only problem is fitting the theme - I take it, it's stout?

I may have a few bottles of black beer left from a brew six months ago, or I may have none
If you can make, go regardless. Pretty sure it won't matter too much if it's a stout/porter or not, as long as enough people turn up to keep the night alive.

Very disappointed I won't be able to make it, but SWMBO is away til Wed, and the 5 year old hasn't learnt how to cook his own damn dinner yet ;)

Come along (*twisting your arm*)!! It doesn't have to be the porter/stout. To keep the event open to all, any style can be brought along..

It's mentioned under this post of How It All Works - http://thelocaltaphouse.blogspot.com/2010/...-they-work.html

I'm in too. Had to cash in some points with the missus, but would hate to see such a great effort go to waste.

and the 5 year old hasn't learnt how to cook his own damn dinner yet ;)

Just tuck em in bed without dinner and tell em there will be no dinner tomorrow night either if they are bad ;)

I'm in too. Had to cash in some points with the missus, but would hate to see such a great effort go to waste.

Thanks for signing up.

We currently have 7 homebrewers and 2 non-homebrewers coming along. That's a record and it means we're going ahead!!! ;-)

Any more? Roll up! Roll up!

Bugger. Not going to make it - brewed for it and everything!

looking forward to the next one.

Back