BREWMAN News

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewman_ said:
And I forgot to mention the seasonal / PC's...

It is still US Sour Summer, so they should be the same. Will advise if they are not.

Wyeast 3031-PC Saison-Brett Blend
Beer Styles: Saison, Belgian Specialty Ales, American-style Sour & Wild Beer, Strong Golden Ale
Profile: A blend of Saison yeast and Brettanomyces creates a dry and complex ale. Classic earthy and spicy farmhouse character meets tropical and stone fruit esters; aging brings elevated Brett flavor. Expect high attenuation with this blend.
ABV (Approx): 12%
Apparent Attenuation: 80-90%
Flocculation: low
Temperature Range: 18-27°C

Wyeast 3191-PC Berliner-Weisse Blend
Beer Styles: Berliner Weisse, Gose
Profile: This blend includes a German ale strain, an authentic Lactobacillus strain, and Brettanomyces for a critical earthy characteristic. Expect a slow start to fermentation as the yeast and bacteria in the blend is balanced to allow proper acid production. It generally requires 3-6 months of aging to fully develop flavor characteristics. Use this blend with worts containing extremely low hopping rates.
ABV (Approx): 6%
Apparent Attenuation: 73-77%
Flocculation: low
Temperature Range: 20-22°C

Wyeast 5151-PC Brettanomyces claussenii
Beer Styles: Lambics, Geuze, Fruit Lambic, Flanders Red Ale
Profile: This wild yeast produces a mild “Brett” character with overtones of tropical fruit and pineapple. Typically used in conjunction with other yeast and lactic acid bacteria, it ferments best in wort with a reduced pH after primary fermentation has begun. It may form a pellicle in bottles or casks.
ABV (Approx): 12%
Apparent Attenuation: 80%
Flocculation: medium
Temperature Range: 15-24°C
I assume brett can be frozen like any other yeast? gotta be a fair assumption or how would they keep it going as a PC right?

will you have the books at about the same time as the yeast? I might get the 5151 to add to my suspicious barrel...

Brewman_ said:
it's also yeast time.

Order for the US goes in this weekend. I know late notice, but if you need some fresh Wyeast let me know ASAP!!

Also

Malts, Weyermann

Dark Floor Malted bohemian is back. This just came straight off the ship from Germany. Pretty sure this is a Brewman exclusive!! (Happy to be corrected if another suppler has this), For a darker lager you will not find a better base.
Floor malted Bohemian is also in stock. Interestingly many brewers that buy by the sack are trading up from the Weyerman premium pilsner to this grain. It is also becoming common place for BrewBuilder recipes to specify this Malt. The Premium Pils is fantastic but the floor malted is exceptional.

Malts, Thomas Fawcett (TF)
Chocolate varieties of the TF are now back in stock. The TF Pale choc has no equivalent, and glad to have it back.

Hops.
Fresh Nelson Sauvin. This is a great NZ Hop. Can get a bad wrap which I think is related to being over used, but when it is used in moderation it is sensational!
All hops are in stock at the moment. New season Australian, Galaxy, Topaz, Ella.

The topic of the week has to be the oxygen kits. They're in stock but selling very fast. People are thinking about this aspect of brewing more and more which is great for brewing great beer.

Cheers Steve
Alright you talked me into it, order placed for some of that delicious dark bohemian, boh pils and some others.

Hi Yob, not sure I would freeze the Brett. Just order it when you need it. Ordering with be around every month.

They quoted some ridiculous lead time on the books, which I think is incorrect, but I expect the yeast mid September, and the books hopefully late September. The last lot of books from memory arrived quite a bit quicker than that so it may line up, but can't promise it will.

Correct Yob,

I think this is the last month and the PC changes.

Bump, yeast order must go in this weekend.

jimmyjackpot said:
If not too late I will add one of the 3031 to the order please
Not too late.

In fact I have left over from last order. They are only 4 or 6 weeks old?

Cheers Steve

alright, Im in for a 5151,

Im gunna freeze and see what happens..

what sort of bank have I got if I have no Brett in there?

Hi I've got a RIS that was a disaster from start to finish and ended out at 1.030 and nothing would restart it so it got bottled but its that heavy and sweet I'm planning on trying to get it back in an 11 litre carboy. Any suggestions between 3711, PC3031 or something else. I've read the 3711 is a gun for this sort of thing but whether it just needs some Brett to do its thing I'm not sure. Beer is heavily hopped if that matters.
Cheers

Latest Wyeast arrived.

All in new packaging. Packed and ready to go.

Cheers Steve

Books just arrived for those that ordered them.

They are on the Website and prices updated. Price dropped $5 due to ordering the number we did.

Cheers Steve

Brewman_ said:
Books just arrived for those that ordered them.

They are on the Website and prices updated. Price dropped $5 due to ordering the number we did.

Cheers Steve
Thanks - just ordered via the website

Cheers
David

Screenshot_20160921-064313.png

Latest posts

Back