BREWMAN News

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewman_

AHB Sponsor
AHB Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Brewers,
It's Wyeast order time again. Seems to come around very quickly.

If there is anything special you need, or just want to get some yeast ordered directly from the states for you, now is the time to let me know.

The order will be placed next week.

Cheers Steve

Hi Yob. Should get the PC yeasts today. Will post when I have them.

I got my package yesterday mate, still cold BTW, very surprised by Fastways service there..

Just wondering if there are any new ones on offer. I got the Leuven Yeast in the last shipment.

:super:

Hi brewman, where are you located now? Has the business moved from where it was when Mark had it?

Hi Milky,
It's a new location. Mark's old place closed. I am at Brandy Hill now. So you can pick up or I can deliver at a very reasonable rate.

Brewman June Special.

Special - Budget Saison, while stocks last – free yeast.

I have put together a BrewBuilder Budget Saison recipe for June.
Order this through BrewBuilder in June, or while stocks last, and the Lallemand Belle Saison yeast is free. One satchel per standard 23 - 25L batch.
The recipe is on the very top of the “Brewman’s List”, and named “BrewBuilder Special Saison”. When you order the recipe, the cost of the yeast will be included, however, when you receive the order confirmation the yeast price will be deducted.

Wyeasts
The order goes in on Sunday, so let me know if you want anything specific.

The Wyeast Private collection is the same this month, and is the final month for that season. See below for the details. New PC next month.

[SIZE=16pt]Wyeast Private Collection.[/SIZE]

FUNKY SPRING – Yep I know it’s Winter here now.
AVAILABLE FROM APRIL THROUGH JUNE 2015

Wyeast 3191-PC Berliner Weisse Blend™

Beer Styles: Berliner Weisse, Lambics, Geuze, Fruit Lambic, Flanders Red Ale
Profile: This blend includes a German ale strain with low ester formation and a dry, crisp finish. The Lactobacillus included produces moderate levels of acidity. The unique Brettanomyces strain imparts a critical earthy characteristic that is indicative of a true Berliner Weisse. When this blend is used, expect a slow start to fermentation as the yeast and bacteria in the blend is balanced to allow proper acid production. It generally requires 3-6 months of aging to fully develop flavor characteristics. Use this blend with worts containing extremely low hopping rates.

Alc. Tolerance 6% ABV
Flocculation low
Attenuation 73-77%
Temp. Range 68-72°F (20-22°C)

Wyeast 3538-PC Leuven Pale Ale™

Beer Styles: Belgian Pale Ale, Belgian Dubbel and Tripel, Belgian Strong Golden and Dark Ales, Belgian Blonde Ale, Flanders Brown Ale
Profile: This vigorous top fermenting Belgian style strain produces a distinct spicy character along with mild esters. Phenolics developed during fermentation may dissipate with conditioning. 3538 is an excellent choice for a wide variety of Belgian beer styles.

Alc. Tolerance 12% ABV
Flocculation high
Attenuation 75-78%
Temp. Range 65-80°F (18-27°C)

Wyeast 5151-PC Brettanomyces claussenii™

Beer Styles: Old Ale, Historic Porters & Milds, Foreign Extra Stout, Wild & Sour Ales, Fruit Lambic, Flemish Red Ale, Belgian Specialty Ales
Profile: Notes of tropical fruit, pineapple and, to a lesser extent, peach and blueberry round out a classic Brett profile. Produces “horse blanket,” leathery, and smoky character, but at lower level than other Brett strains. Can be used as the primary strain for fermenting, but is often used after a primary fermentation with an S. cerevisiae strain, and in blends to produce sour beers. It is highly attenuative, given proper time to fully ferment out, and is known to create a pellicle during fermentation.

Alc. Tolerance 12% ABV
Flocculation low
Attenuation 80%+
Temp. Range 65-80°F (18-27°C)

Giving the 3538 a run tonight on a simcoe/mosaic pale, cube hop of a combined 90g, so fairly muted, I don't plan on adding any dry Hops through ferment.

Love trying new yeasts, thanks man.

Should say too, interesting packaging, the ice packs were still cold though so great work there.

Yob said:
Giving the 3538 a run tonight on a simcoe/mosaic pale, cube hop of a combined 90g, so fairly muted, I don't plan on adding any dry Hops through ferment.

Love trying new yeasts, thanks man.

Should say too, interesting packaging, the ice packs were still cold though so great work there.
Hi Yob,

Hope it turns out well for you, be interested to know how it goes? Did you create a starter or pitch directly from the smack pack?

The packaging. Well that was a first I must say. It looked like a good idea at 6am in the morning when I got it out of the fridge, but saying that there was a fair bit of thought leading into doing it that way, and a few other things I tried before then which I was not happy with for one reason or another. Sending these interstate has a few challenges, so stoked it worked.

Thanks for the feedback.

Pretty much always by starter these days..

It's my case swap backup or possibly the case swap beer so could well be plenty of feedback ;)

Hops back in stock.
Galaxy is back in stock. Smells great too, might be a Pacific Ale brewing here this weekend. BrewBuilder has been updated with the new Hop spec's, and all of the associated recipes all up to date.

Malts back in stock:
Thomas Fawcett's Floor Malted Mild Ale. Great for English Mild's, Bitters, ESB's and Stout's.

BrewBuilder updates.
Brewman's June special Saison with free dry Saison yeast ends in at the end of the month. It's on the top of the Brewman list in BrewBuilder.
New addition of the Feral Hop Hog, take a look.

For those brewers that pre-ordered Wyeast.

They arrived from the US today and I just unpacked them, they are all ready to go.

Cheers and enjoy fresh Wyeasts.

I forgot to mention that New Zealand Nelson Sauvin was back in too.

Time to start thinking about the next Wyeast order. There will be a new set of Private Collection in July, details soon.

[SIZE=medium]Hi Brewers,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Time to order some more yeast from the US. I will be placing the order this weekend. If there is anything special you want let me know and I will order it from you. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The Private Collection is new for this month.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Other News.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]New Hop.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Australian Ella. In lower doses, Ella™ can display floral and subtle spice notes, such as star anise, which is best appreciated in lagers or pilsners. With larger additions or when dry hopping, Ella™ imparts distinct tropical flavours which can be used to offset robust malt and yeast characters in many styles.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Also Galaxy is back in stock.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]New Sanitiser.[/SIZE]
New No rinse sanitiser just arrived.

[SIZE=16pt]Wyeast Private Collection.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]AVAILABLE FROM July THROUGH September 2015[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Wyeast 3031-PC Saison-Brett Blend[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Beer Styles:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Saison, Belgian Specialty Ales, American-style Sour & Wild Beer, Strong Golden Ale[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Profile:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt] A blend of Saison yeast and Brettanomyces creates a dry and complex ale. Classic earthy and spicy farmhouse character meets tropical and stone fruit esters; aging brings elevated Brett flavor. Expect high attenuation with this blend[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Wyeast 3725-PC Biere de Garde[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Saison, Biere de Garde, Belgian Blonde Ale, Belgian Pale Ale, Belgian Golden Strong Ale[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Low to moderate ester production with subtle spiciness. Malty and full on the palate with initial sweetness. Finishes dry and slightly tart. Ferments well with no sluggishness.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Wyeast 3726-PC Farmhouse Ale[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Saison, Biere de Garde, Belgian Blonde Ale, Belgian Pale Ale, Belgian Golden Strong Ale[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]This strain produces complex esters balanced with earthy/spicy notes. Slightly tart and dry with a peppery finish. A perfect strain for farmhouse ales and saisons[/SIZE]

Ordered a few Wyeast packs earlier, Brewman.

You were the only site sponsor with the Mead, Lager and Ale yeasts I wanted.

Cheers, Dan

Hey Steve (Brewman) that powdered brewery wash you sell is the ducks nuts. Won't be using caustic anymore, thanks for the sampler. Been brewing like a machine now I got a replacement element for the Braumeister so will be ordering again soon mate.

Steve

Hey Steve,
Yeah I'm really happy with the wash powder too. Great for the really dirty hard to move stuff, and a lot safer than caustic.

Yeast Order is about to be sent.

Cheers Steve

Hi Brewman, just put down a Dr Smurto last weekend with a mate and have just order a James Squire to try. Can't wait!

Agree about the wash powder. Finally got to use my sample earlier this week. Does a great job, better than napisan. Will include some in my next order.

Latest posts

Back