BREWMAN News

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Book o calcs and my Brett C arrived today..

Yeast still chilled to fridge temps.. outstanding work mate..

could have slapped me with a fish, couldnt have been more stunned to note it was fastway..

:blink:

Yob said:
Book o calcs and my Brett C arrived today..

Yeast still chilled to fridge temps.. outstanding work mate..

could have slapped me with a fish, couldnt have been more stunned to note it was fastway..

:blink:
Great news.
Not bad overnight delivery to Melbourne out of Newie. They do it all the time. I just make sure they go early in the week.

The high tech packaging really works a treat.

I think you'll like to book.

Cheers Steve

Brewman_ said:
I think you'll like to book.

Cheers Steve
saw the math and had instant brain shutdown :lol: very handy resourse though, will be reading the Yeast section repeatedly

I'd have been an engineer if I could do math.. Im happy being a draftie B)

the "perishable" stamp does seem to make the difference.. good work mate

I have also just got my copy of the book in this last order. I have lost my last couple. This one is not loaning. so looking forward to some things I have been missing.

I am an engineer so I do like to play with the calc's when I get time. But the good thing about that book, is that you don't have to be an engineer or mathematician, it is quite usable.

The perishable makes no difference as far as "faster" service goes, but what I find is it keeps the parcels on the "agreed" schedule. And that's I all expect. I pack the yeast for what ever planned journey they have and they get to FNQ and Tassie in good nick too.

for me Fastway can get fucked, but I do preesh good service when I get it regardless from who..

you sir, have delivered in spades and they have done your business justice. :)

Time to get so more Wyeast

The seasonals have changed.

Let me know if you want these or any other WYeast ordered for you.

[SIZE=medium]1203-PC Burton IPA Blend[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Beer Styles:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]English IPA, Ordinary Bitter, Best Bitter, Strong Bitter, American Porter, Foreign Extra Stouts[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Profile:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Highlights hop bitterness and aroma while still allowing full expression of authentic water profiles and pale malts. Low to moderate ester level can be manipulated through fermentation temperature and pitching rate. Palate finish is neutral to mildly fruity with some maltiness. Good flocculation characteristics make this an excellent candidate for cask conditioning.[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]ABV (Approx): [/SIZE] [SIZE=small]10%[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Apparent Attenuation: [/SIZE] [SIZE=small]71-74%[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Flocculation:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]medium-high[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Temperature Range:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]18-23°C[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]2487-PC Hella Bock[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Beer Styles:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Munich Helles, Märzen, Festbier, Munich Dunkel, Schwarzbier, Helles Bock, Dunkles Bock, Doppelbock, Eisbock[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Profile:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]This strain will produce rich, full-bodied and malty beers with a complex flavor and profile and a great mouth feel. Attenuates well while still leaving plenty of malt character and body. Beers fermented with this strain will benefit from a temperature rise for a diacetyl rest at the end of primary fermentation.[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]ABV (Approx): [/SIZE] [SIZE=small]12%[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Apparent Attenuation: [/SIZE] [SIZE=small]70-74%[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Flocculation:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]medium[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Temperature Range:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]9-13°C[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]3789-PC Trappist Style Blend[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Beer Styles:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Belgian Specialty Ale, Trappist Single, Belgian Dubbel, Belgian Tripel, Belgian Dark Strong Ale, Belgian Blond Ale, Belgian Pale Ale, Flanders Red Ale, Oud Bruin[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Profile:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]A proprietary blend of Saccharomyces and Brettanomyces for creating unique Belgian-style specialty ales. Phenolics, mild fruitiness and complex spicy notes develop with increased fermentation temperatures. Subdued but classic Brett character, which will be slight while the beer is young but increase gradually and evolve with age.[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]ABV (Approx): [/SIZE] [SIZE=small]12%[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Apparent Attenuation: [/SIZE] [SIZE=small]75-80%[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Flocculation:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]medium[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Temperature Range:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]20-30°C[/SIZE]

Bye the way I have one 3031 Saison Brett Blend Sept Date.

Brewman_ said:
[SIZE=medium]2487-PC Hella Bock[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Beer Styles:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Munich Helles, Märzen, Festbier, Munich Dunkel, Schwarzbier, Helles Bock, Dunkles Bock, Doppelbock, Eisbock[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Profile:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]This strain will produce rich, full-bodied and malty beers with a complex flavor and profile and a great mouth feel. Attenuates well while still leaving plenty of malt character and body. Beers fermented with this strain will benefit from a temperature rise for a diacetyl rest at the end of primary fermentation.[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]ABV (Approx): [/SIZE] [SIZE=small]12%[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Apparent Attenuation: [/SIZE] [SIZE=small]70-74%[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Flocculation:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]medium[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Temperature Range:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]9-13°C[/SIZE]
put me down for one mate

Must stop buying shiny shit! Just bought droids stout conical, and a commercial fridge to fit it in. No hops, yeast or sexy for me. Atleast summer is coming cause I may be living in that fridge.

Picked up some malt, yeast and hops from Brewman today
Steve is an incredibly nice bloke and showed me around the setup, put up with me talking his ear off :lol:
Great service and prices, very worth the drive down from Muswellbrook
Now just to convince the Mrs to let me buy more stuff...

Just FYI, yes the yeast order is still open. A few brewers PM'd me to ask.

And Spork, it was a good chat mate.

Cheers

Last call on yeast. Order must go in this weekend.

Let me know asap
Cheers Steve

Latest posts

Back