BREWMAN News

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewman_ said:
You'll be fine Yob.

Keep the old Casio fx82.

List so far
Steve
Frasers BRB
Gezzanet
Durham70
Wildburkey
Yob
Wes

If there are other publications from MBAA anyone is interested in I could add that too. PM me about that..

Getting close

Cheers Steve
Put me down for one please Steve.

Cheers, Andy

Good news. I've gone to the web site to order my PC yeast but it's not listed. Will it be up or is there an alternative way to order the yeasts? i.e. comment in the checkout.

OK TheWiggman,

Should be all good to go now. At the bottom of the Wyeast list under VSS private collection and seasonals.

Cheers Steve

Just giving a thumbs up to Steve's great service
Popped my order in Monday night, and got the postage quote back not long after
I paid for it yesterday morning and it's just turned up to work
Wyeast packs were packaged very well so they didn't get activated on the trip
Will be buying from Brewman again for sure

Last book order call.
So far. Place order in the next day

Steve
Frasers BRB
Gezzanet
Durham70
Wildburkey
Yob
Wes
Goldstar
Mardoo (Practical Brewer)

Steve can you please put me down for one if I haven't missed the boat

Hi Judanero,
You're in.

I'll add you to the list
Steve
Frasers BRB
Gezzanet
Durham70
Wildburkey
Yob
Wes
Goldstar
Mardoo (Practical Brewer)
Judanero

Cheers Steve

Books are ordered!!

On their way. I have to have a close look but prices seem OK and not any dearer than the last lot. I will update the website and let you know when done. I need to add the Practical brewer and price is looking OK on it too.

Two new recipes on BrewBuilder.
Hop Thief 6 and Hop Thief 7.

I'll add number 8 as soon as I get a bottle to taste.

Cheers Steve.

it's also yeast time.

Order for the US goes in this weekend. I know late notice, but if you need some fresh Wyeast let me know ASAP!!

Also

Malts, Weyermann

Dark Floor Malted bohemian is back. This just came straight off the ship from Germany. Pretty sure this is a Brewman exclusive!! (Happy to be corrected if another suppler has this), For a darker lager you will not find a better base.
Floor malted Bohemian is also in stock. Interestingly many brewers that buy by the sack are trading up from the Weyerman premium pilsner to this grain. It is also becoming common place for BrewBuilder recipes to specify this Malt. The Premium Pils is fantastic but the floor malted is exceptional.

Malts, Thomas Fawcett (TF)
Chocolate varieties of the TF are now back in stock. The TF Pale choc has no equivalent, and glad to have it back.

Hops.
Fresh Nelson Sauvin. This is a great NZ Hop. Can get a bad wrap which I think is related to being over used, but when it is used in moderation it is sensational!
All hops are in stock at the moment. New season Australian, Galaxy, Topaz, Ella.

The topic of the week has to be the oxygen kits. They're in stock but selling very fast. People are thinking about this aspect of brewing more and more which is great for brewing great beer.

Cheers Steve

And I forgot to mention the seasonal / PC's...

It is still US Sour Summer, so they should be the same. Will advise if they are not.

Wyeast 3031-PC Saison-Brett Blend Beer Styles: Saison, Belgian Specialty Ales, American-style Sour & Wild Beer, Strong Golden Ale Profile: A blend of Saison yeast and Brettanomyces creates a dry and complex ale. Classic earthy and spicy farmhouse character meets tropical and stone fruit esters; aging brings elevated Brett flavor. Expect high attenuation with this blend. ABV (Approx): 12% Apparent Attenuation: 80-90% Flocculation: low Temperature Range: 18-27°C Wyeast 3191-PC Berliner-Weisse Blend Beer Styles: Berliner Weisse, Gose Profile: This blend includes a German ale strain, an authentic Lactobacillus strain, and Brettanomyces for a critical earthy characteristic. Expect a slow start to fermentation as the yeast and bacteria in the blend is balanced to allow proper acid production. It generally requires 3-6 months of aging to fully develop flavor characteristics. Use this blend with worts containing extremely low hopping rates. ABV (Approx): 6% Apparent Attenuation: 73-77% Flocculation: low Temperature Range: 20-22°C Wyeast 5151-PC Brettanomyces claussenii Beer Styles: Lambics, Geuze, Fruit Lambic, Flanders Red Ale Profile: This wild yeast produces a mild “Brett” character with overtones of tropical fruit and pineapple. Typically used in conjunction with other yeast and lactic acid bacteria, it ferments best in wort with a reduced pH after primary fermentation has begun. It may form a pellicle in bottles or casks. ABV (Approx): 12% Apparent Attenuation: 80% Flocculation: medium Temperature Range: 15-24°C

Brewman_ said:
Books are ordered!!

On their way. I have to have a close look but prices seem OK and not any dearer than the last lot. I will update the website and let you know when done. I need to add the Practical brewer and price is looking OK on it too.

Two new recipes on BrewBuilder.
Hop Thief 6 and Hop Thief 7.

I'll add number 8 as soon as I get a bottle to taste.

Cheers Steve.
Had missed this one. If anyone reneges on the book I'm keen to take one. Otherwise please put me down for next time.

Back