BREWMAN News

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've still got bottles left from the last time 3031 was available and there delicious. I'm trying to keep the last ones for summer. I'm in for another pack, I've got a cube been sitting there for a while and this will empty it.

the following yeasts I have are all older than 6 months from date of manufacture.

These will need some TLC / starter for those with the time, they are half price, $6.50.

I have more than one of some strains.

3942 Belgian Wheat
3333 German Wheat
1214 Belgian Abbey
1332 Northwest Ale
2042 Danish Lager
2308 Munich Lager
2278 Czech Pils

Cheers Steve

Ah, and I should also say that none have ever been warm. Delivered from Wyeast in eskiy and in my fridge ever since arrival.

Im so tempted to load up as a freezer stock.. when you're doing starters anyway, these are perfect..

Yob said:
Im so tempted to load up as a freezer stock.. when you're doing starters anyway, these are perfect..
Some nice options there.
Last time I seen your yeast portfolio I was envious... Room for another?

Ive run out of DME mate!!

Enough yeast to survive a zombie Apocalypse though, mostly thanks to these sorts of delaz from you I might add... :super:

DME is not a problem. Got a bit here at the moment if you need something to feed em!

It amazes me the yeast stocks like you and others have. It's very cool.

Yo Brewman, can you update (or just give me here) some info on the iodphos product you have in store?

I'd like another type of sanitiser than Starsan to add another level, the site doesn't give much away on the product.

Cheers

>THIS?<

Brewman_ said:
the following yeasts I have are all older than 6 months from date of manufacture.

These will need some TLC / starter for those with the time, they are half price, $6.50.

I have more than one of some strains.

3942 Belgian Wheat
3333 German Wheat
1214 Belgian Abbey
1332 Northwest Ale
2042 Danish Lager
2308 Munich Lager
2278 Czech Pils

Cheers Steve
If the Northwest Ale is still available, can you please chuck it on top of my order?

Nice yeast, I like it a lot better than US-05, clean better attenuation and flocks out well.
Mark

Yob said:
Yo Brewman, can you update (or just give me here) some info on the iodphos product you have in store?

I'd like another type of sanitiser than Starsan to add another level, the site doesn't give much away on the product.

Cheers

>THIS?<
Hi Yob,

Pretty much I would say so, or at least very similar.

It is a low foam reddish Brown liquid.
120g/l Phosphoric Acid
20g/l Iodine.

The bottle is a 500ml. Dilution rates, 1.5ml/L in cold water. So it goes long way. I got my bottle in 2009 of MHB and It's not empty yet. Having said that I don't only use this sanitiser, I also use the Acid sanitiser.

Need any more info just ask.

sp0rk said:
If the Northwest Ale is still available, can you please chuck it on top of my order?
Hi Spork,
I have put your name on the Northwest.

Brewman_ said:
Hi Yob,

Pretty much I would say so, or at least very similar.

It is a low foam reddish Brown liquid.
120g/l Phosphoric Acid
20g/l Iodine.

The bottle is a 500ml. Dilution rates, 1.5ml/L in cold water. So it goes long way. I got my bottle in 2009 of MHB and It's not empty yet. Having said that I don't only use this sanitiser, I also use the Acid sanitiser.

Need any more info just ask.
do you know if I can mix up 20l and what the effective shelf life would be?

I mix up my starsan like that and I know it turns cloudy when its going off.. net that Ive ever seen it do so.. would be handy to know coz Im a lazy shit ;)

Yob said:
do you know if I can mix up 20l and what the effective shelf life would be?

I mix up my starsan like that and I know it turns cloudy when its going off.. net that Ive ever seen it do so.. would be handy to know coz Im a lazy shit ;)
Hi Yob,
Will have to get back to you on that one.

I suspect it is quite stable based on the active ingredients. It is sometimes the inactive ones that destabilise things when diluted.

Will find out.

Brewman_ said:
Hi Yob,
Will have to get back to you on that one.

I suspect it is quite stable based on the active ingredients. It is sometimes the inactive ones that destabilise things when diluted.

Will find out.
I believe (maybe I'm wrong) the measure of stability in a product would depend on the initial pH of the liquid when mixed. I know this is true of Starsan.

Starsan will become cloudy when mixed with anything but distilled/deionized water, but will only "go off" when the pH rises above a particular threshold and no longer effectively kills pathogens. I believe the same would be true of idophos?

fungrel said:
Starsan will become cloudy when mixed with anything but distilled/deionized water, but will only "go off" when the pH rises above a particular threshold and no longer effectively kills pathogens. I believe the same would be true of idophos?
bollocks... mixes clear as the morning air right from the tap in Melbourne and stays that way till the bottom of the drum...

it will be cloudy in harder water for sure but you dont need distilled or deionized water

I find my starsan goes cloudy very quickly. Does light exposure make any difference as I've only been using clear pet bottles. Or is it a Sydney water thing? Or?

OK will look that up Yob, got me wondering now.

I only ever have made up what I need for use on the day.

Back