BREWMAN News

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final call.
Order goes tomorrow for the Wyeasts.

Cheers Steve

Milky said:
Hi Steve, is it possible for you to order whitelabs liquid yeasts?
Hi Milky,

What are you after?

My order is placed directly on Wyeast, so I can't really get the whitelabs.. Most are covered in the Wyeast range.

Sorry mate, but If there is an equivalent I'll get it from Wyeast for you.

Cheers Steve

Hi Steve, cheers, no worries, was just after a specific whitelabs but there is no wyeast equivalent unfortunately. I pm you about it.

Steve, sorry missed this thread, if it's still open please order me 3 of Wyeast English Bitter 1768 (in addition to what I'll be picking up at the weekend)

Cheers

Yeast is arriving any day for those that have pre ordered.

And for those that didn't I always have a stock of most, although a fair % of this delivery is already sold.

Cheers Steve

Just got confirmation. Should be here tomorrow

Yeast got here today. Lots of this has already been sold.

Brewman_ said:
There are a couple of PM's bouncing around and it is probably worth clarifying a couple of things.

I stock Wyeast. That pretty much means I stock every strain they offer. However. The yeasts are obviously better fresh and so I order what I think / what I know I will sell before they get too old. Hence the reason I ask here what you guys want.

Exceptions are Sour strains, (Brett, Lacto, Ped), / Meads / Ciders, I only order them on request.

I have Roselare 3763, ... and always do stock it

So say 1056 such a popular yeast and for good reason . I can get a stack and they will never get old.

On the other hand... 1010 American Wheat, which is an amazing yeast, it's just not so popular, so I get much less. I may get a hand full, and sell all in one week and then they are out of stock until the next order, quite a few weeks. Often there are good alternatives and sometimes there is not.

If you know you want something, I can get it and you will have it for sure. Otherwise, I will have stocks, and it is a matter of whether or not they sell out.

I am getting myself some 1728 Scottish Ale, for a run of Stouts building up to an awesome RIS. First stout, Pete's 2015 AABC first place getter, as on Brewbuilder. The RIS recipe is pretty firm but at least a few weeks off.

Doing a Belgian Triple, so will go for a 3787, love this yeast... but Pete threw a spanner in the works today and suggested one of this months Private Collection, and it's hard to go past Wyeast 3864, Canadian / Belgian Ale.

Cheers Steve
Is that the Tripel you plan to brew with me???

I already have this yeast, and would be happy to brew with you again.

The previous Tripel we brewed. The coriander is becoming prominent in the aroma and I'm running out of bottles...

Hey Les,

Yes the Triple is what we will do. Pretty happy with how the first one turned out. I am happy to use the 3787 again? I have one bottle left, besides the Magnum. Some things I want to try on the next one, so maybe nice to not change the yeast. And we probably should scale it up, so we can periodically sample the beer until it is much older.

The RIS is fermenting. Spent most of the day taming the monster as it shot out of the air lock like a volcano at just 18 Hrs after pitching yeast. Kids loved it! The most angry ferment I have ever witnessed. I was concerned that if the air lock, then later blow off tube blocked then the whole thing would explode. I ended up using Wyeast 1028, which was a bit of a last minute thing, but was what I was already fermenting Pete's stout with, and after discussions with a few trusted and known RIS makers I continued the yeast theme.

Steve, thanks for taking the time to talk to me and go through your product offering today.

Excellent service, great range, great pricing. Happy to recommend to others.

Wyeast order is on again.

Order must go in Friday. Please let me know ASAP if you want anything special.

The seasonal varieties have changed, see below.

Cheers Steve

Wyeast 3031-PC Saison-Brett Blend Beer Styles: Saison, Belgian Specialty Ales, American-style Sour & Wild Beer, Strong Golden Ale Profile: A blend of Saison yeast and Brettanomyces creates a dry and complex ale. Classic earthy and spicy farmhouse character meets tropical and stone fruit esters; aging brings elevated Brett flavor. Expect high attenuation with this blend. ABV (Approx): 12% Apparent Attenuation: 80-90% Flocculation: low Temperature Range: 18-27°C Wyeast 3191-PC Berliner-Weisse Blend Beer Styles: Berliner Weisse, Gose Profile: This blend includes a German ale strain, an authentic Lactobacillus strain, and Brettanomyces for a critical earthy characteristic. Expect a slow start to fermentation as the yeast and bacteria in the blend is balanced to allow proper acid production. It generally requires 3-6 months of aging to fully develop flavor characteristics. Use this blend with worts containing extremely low hopping rates. ABV (Approx): 6% Apparent Attenuation: 73-77% Flocculation: low Temperature Range: 20-22°C Wyeast 5151-PC Brettanomyces claussenii Beer Styles: Lambics, Geuze, Fruit Lambic, Flanders Red Ale Profile: This wild yeast produces a mild “Brett” character with overtones of tropical fruit and pineapple. Typically used in conjunction with other yeast and lactic acid bacteria, it ferments best in wort with a reduced pH after primary fermentation has begun. It may form a pellicle in bottles or casks. ABV (Approx): 12% Apparent Attenuation: 80% Flocculation: medium Temperature Range: 15-24°C

1 x 3031 thanks Steve.

Also, are you likely to land 3522 and 3711.

Cheers

oF COURSE, YOU ALREADY HAVE 'EM. dOH!!!

Yep, have those one's.

Any takers on the last of the previous private collection?

3822 Belgian Dark Strong. I have one

I know I will regret selling this one!

Ooooh.... Berliner Weisse... hmmmmmm. Stuff it, chalk me up for one. Life's too short to not try at least one sour.
Looks like I'll need to buy a carboy.

Haha! Love that beer!

Order noted.

Cheers Steve

Can I please grab 1 x 3031
and 1 x 1728 (the vial I had went bad)
Will tack some grains on top once the order is in and I decide what else I want

sp0rk said:
Can I please grab 1 x 3031
and 1 x 1728 (the vial I had went bad)
Will tack some grains on top once the order is in and I decide what else I want
Order noted