BREWMAN News

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Wyeasts are expected to arrive over the weekend including the PC that many ordered.

This time I am a little more organised and all of the yeasts including the PC's are on the website, so you can order them in the normal way. The PC yeasts are reserved for those that requested them and there is no general stock of those. All other yeasts are available as general stock.

Nottingham and Windsor dry yeasts are also back in stock.

Cheers Steve

+1 for brewman's service. Product ordered and delivered very fast and hassle free. Great packaging. Thanks again

another +1 for brewman service

ordered some things last night around 9pm. Order turns up today at 2pm

Thanks

Great prices and service.

Wouldn't mind the hops being packed like ESB, National etc in foil ziplock pack, makes for good storage and easy handling, and identification of what's in the pack.

Hint hint :p

Bribie G said:
Great prices and service.

Wouldn't mind the hops being packed like ESB, National etc in foil ziplock pack, makes for good storage and easy handling, and identification of what's in the pack.

Hint hint :p
I got hops today and they were in a sealed foil bag..
Do you mean something different? i guess they weren't ziplock but apart from that?

SBOB said:
another +1 for brewman service

ordered some things last night around 9pm. Order turns up today at 2pm

Thanks
+1. I made an order, but brewmans emails were getting stuck in spam folder so not getting to me. On a Sunday night he texts me to check all is good! Awesome!

Kingy said:
Sounds like you need to get yourself a vacuum sealer bribie.
I don't need one, expelling most of the air out of a bag and sealing it does just fine. I've kept hops since 2009 and they still win me gongs in competitions.
Entering anything yourself this year? ;) ;)

I know this is super late notice, but I must place my Wyeast order on Good Friday.

The PC are the same as last time.

Let me know ASAP if you need anything special.

Cheers Steve

Wyeast order arrived today. For those that pre-ordered, they are ready for you.

Also a bit of everything in the Wyeast range is available including some of the Private collection which I ordered extra this month.

Private collection will change next month, but here's the last chance to get these one's for the year.

[SIZE=medium]Wyeast 1026-PC British Cask Ale[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Beer Styles:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Blonde Ale, English IPA, English Pale Ale, ESB, Southern English Brown Ale, English Bitter [/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Profile:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Wyeast 1026-PC is a great yeast choice for any cask conditioned British ale style, and especially well-suited for hoppy bitters, IPAs and Australian ales. A good attenuator that clears readily. Low to moderate ester production in fermentation, letting malt and hops come through, finishes crisp and slightly tart.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Wyeast 1768-PC English Special Bitter[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Beer Styles:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Blonde Ale, English IPA, ESB, Oatmeal Stout, Southern English Brown, English Bitter, Sweet Stout, Pale Ale[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Profile:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]A great yeast for malt-predominate ales. Produces light fruit and ethanol aromas along with soft, nutty flavors. Exhibits a mild malt profile with a neutral finish. Bright beers are easily achieved without any filtration. It is similar to our 1968 London ESB Ale but slightly less flocculent.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Wyeast 1882-PC Thames Valley Ale II[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Beer Styles:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Ordinary and Special Bitters, ESB, Northern English Brown, Robust Porter, Dry Stout, Foreign Extra Stout, English Pale Ale and IPA[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Profile:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1882-PC produces crisp, dry English ales with a rich malt profile and moderate stone fruit esters. This attenuative strain is also highly flocculent, resulting in bright beers not requiring filtration. A thorough diacetyl rest is recommended after fermentation is complete.[/SIZE]

All of Private collection yeasts are in stock and still available. Stocks are limited.

They are,
[SIZE=medium]Wyeast 1026-PC British Cask Ale[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Beer Styles:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Blonde Ale, English IPA, English Pale Ale, ESB, Southern English Brown Ale, English Bitter [/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Profile:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Wyeast 1026-PC is a great yeast choice for any cask conditioned British ale style, and especially well-suited for hoppy bitters, IPAs and Australian ales. A good attenuator that clears readily. Low to moderate ester production in fermentation, letting malt and hops come through, finishes crisp and slightly tart.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Wyeast 1768-PC English Special Bitter[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Beer Styles:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Blonde Ale, English IPA, ESB, Oatmeal Stout, Southern English Brown, English Bitter, Sweet Stout, Pale Ale[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Profile:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]A great yeast for malt-predominate ales. Produces light fruit and ethanol aromas along with soft, nutty flavors. Exhibits a mild malt profile with a neutral finish. Bright beers are easily achieved without any filtration. It is similar to our 1968 London ESB Ale but slightly less flocculent.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Wyeast 1882-PC Thames Valley Ale II[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Beer Styles:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Ordinary and Special Bitters, ESB, Northern English Brown, Robust Porter, Dry Stout, Foreign Extra Stout, English Pale Ale and IPA[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Profile:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1882-PC produces crisp, dry English ales with a rich malt profile and moderate stone fruit esters. This attenuative strain is also highly flocculent, resulting in bright beers not requiring filtration. A thorough diacetyl rest is recommended after fermentation is complete.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Chhers Steve[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Hi Brewers,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]An update of what is happening at Brewman.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Hops.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Hops continue to be in short supply. Having said that, at the moment all hops are in stock.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]New season Australian hops have just arrived. New season German hops will be arriving this week. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Malts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium] A couple of new malts have been added to the Brewman range just in time to get those lagers happening with the cooler months and the competition season now not far away.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Floor malted Bohemian Dark[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]. Use up to 100% in Dark Lagers Dark Ales Bohemian Festival beers.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Features:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]intensified malt aroma and taste[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]full body[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]malt sweetness[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Floor malted Bohemian Pilsner[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]. Use up to 100% in Authentic Bohemian Pilsners, European lagers, and full bodies international ale and lager styles..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Features:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]made in an original floor malting facility from Bohemian spring barley[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]produces authentic traditional, Bohemian-style malt flavors and aromas[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=medium]suitable for all lagers and ales[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]I have had a few brewers ask if I can get malts outside of the range on the Brewman Website. The answer is yes. Just ask..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Wyeasts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Brewman stocks nearly everything the Wyeast range. If I don’t normally stock it, like sour strains I can order it in for you, and now is the time to place your order. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Time to get the next Wyeast order together. I need to place an order ASAP so please let me know what you need.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]I still have the previous Private collections, see the bottom of this message for details.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]This Month’s Private collection is:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]BELGIAN STRONG SPRING[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]AVAILABLE FROM APRIL THROUGH JUNE 2016[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Wyeast 3739-PC Flanders Golden Ale™[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Beer Styles:[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Belgian Pale Ale, Belgian Specialty Ale, Belgian Dubbel, Triple and Quadrupel, Belgian Strong Golden and Dark Ales, Belgian Blonde Ale [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Profile:[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]3739-PC is a well-balanced strain, producing moderate levels of both fruity esters and spicy phenols while finishing dry with a hint of malt. Robust alcohol and temperature tolerance plus strong attenuation make it a good candidate for high-gravity fermentations[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Alc. Tolerance[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] 12% ABV [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Flocculation[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] medium-low[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Attenuation[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] 74-78% [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Temp. Range[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] 64-80°F (18-27°C)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Wyeast 3822-PC Belgian Dark Strong Ale™[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Beer Styles:[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Oud Bruin/Flanders Brown, Fruit beers, Belgian Golden and Dark Strong Ales, Kriek and Framboise, Belgian Specialty Ale [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Profile:[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]3822-PC is a unique Saccharomyces strain which produces spicy, phenolic and distinctly tart aromas and flavors, which can be increased through warmer fermentation temperatures. Very tart and dry on the palate, complemented well by blending with fruit[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Flocculation[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] medium[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Attenuation[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] 74-79% [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Temp. Range[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] 65-80°F (18-27°C)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Wyeast 3864-PC Canadian/Belgian Ale™[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Beer Styles:[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Belgian Dubbel and Tripel, Belgian Specialty Ale, Belgian Golden Strong, Biere de Garde, Witbier [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Profile:[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]This alcohol tolerant strain produces complex and well-balanced Belgian Abbey style ales. Banana and fruit esters are complemented nicely with mild levels of phenolics and hints of acidity. Ester levels may be elevated by increasing gravity and fermentation temperatures. May produce some sulfur at cool fermentation temperatures. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Flocculation[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] medium[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Attenuation[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] 75-79% [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Temp. Range[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] 65-80°F (18-27°C)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Still Available – Previous Collection.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium] Wyeast 1026-PC British Cask Ale [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Beer Styles:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Blonde Ale, English IPA, English Pale Ale, ESB, Southern English Brown Ale, English Bitter[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Profile:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Wyeast 1026-PC is a great yeast choice for any cask conditioned British ale style, and especially well-suited for hoppy bitters, IPAs and Australian ales. A good attenuator that clears readily. Low to moderate ester production in fermentation, letting malt and hops come through, finishes crisp and slightly tart. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Wyeast 1768-PC English Special Bitter[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Blonde Ale, English IPA, ESB, Oatmeal Stout, Southern English Brown, English Bitter, Sweet Stout, Pale Ale[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]A great yeast for malt-predominate ales. Produces light fruit and ethanol aromas along with soft, nutty flavours. Exhibits a mild malt profile with a neutral finish. Bright beers are easily achieved without any filtration. It is similar to our 1968 London ESB Ale but slightly less flocculent.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Wyeast 1882-PC Thames Valley Ale II[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Ordinary and Special Bitters, ESB, Northern English Brown, Robust Porter, Dry Stout, Foreign Extra Stout, English Pale Ale and IPA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]1882-PC produces crisp, dry English ales with a rich malt profile and moderate stone fruit esters. This attenuative strain is also highly flocculent, resulting in bright beers not requiring filtration. A thorough diacetyl rest is recommended after fermentation is complete.[/SIZE]

BUMP.

Yeast order is being finalised. If you want your yeast fresh from the US

There are a couple of PM's bouncing around and it is probably worth clarifying a couple of things.

I stock Wyeast. That pretty much means I stock every strain they offer. However. The yeasts are obviously better fresh and so I order what I think / what I know I will sell before they get too old. Hence the reason I ask here what you guys want.

Exceptions are Sour strains, (Brett, Lacto, Ped), / Meads / Ciders, I only order them on request.

I have Roselare 3763, ... and always do stock it

So say 1056 such a popular yeast and for good reason . I can get a stack and they will never get old.

On the other hand... 1010 American Wheat, which is an amazing yeast, it's just not so popular, so I get much less. I may get a hand full, and sell all in one week and then they are out of stock until the next order, quite a few weeks. Often there are good alternatives and sometimes there is not.

If you know you want something, I can get it and you will have it for sure. Otherwise, I will have stocks, and it is a matter of whether or not they sell out.

I am getting myself some 1728 Scottish Ale, for a run of Stouts building up to an awesome RIS. First stout, Pete's 2015 AABC first place getter, as on Brewbuilder. The RIS recipe is pretty firm but at least a few weeks off.

Doing a Belgian Triple, so will go for a 3787, love this yeast... but Pete threw a spanner in the works today and suggested one of this months Private Collection, and it's hard to go past Wyeast 3864, Canadian / Belgian Ale.

Cheers Steve

Heard a rumour that the 3864-PC is the yeast used in Trois Pistoles by Unibroue
Have used this yeast and can highly recommend for dark strong.
Mark

Back