BREWMAN News

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Steve, just wondering if you are around on Friday or Saturday? Need another bag of base grain, was thinking of giving some Pilsner a go.

Andyburgs said:
Hi Steve, just wondering if you are around on Friday or Saturday? Need another bag of base grain, was thinking of giving some Pilsner a go.
Hey, Saturday morning would be the go.

Plenty of different pilsners to choose from at the moment.

sp0rk said:
Are HUB there on Sunday too?
I ended up missing out on Saturday tickets while waiting for friends to decide if they were coming (they're not...) so had to get Sunday VIP tickets instead
I buy a ticket for myself then my mates can do what they want, they usually follow suit but bcoz they missed out once for the Warner's bay beer festival and that is a real bummer. I've been to a beer festival on my own before it was pretty good as I could focus on the beers and do what I wanted. Ended up a mess tho. Lol.
Edit: IPA for breakfast sounds good. I'm always there from start to finish, it's a good day out. Not as good as it use to be as it's fairly popular now but it's still good.

The Wyeast arrived yesterday.

Its a new Private collection so get into them

Cheers Steve

hey steve,

are you selling 6kg co2 bottles or only the 2.6? also how much per kg to fill?

its kegging time for me now.... cheers.

• lost at sea said:
    hey steve,

are you selling 6kg co2 bottles or only the 2.6? also how much per kg to fill?

its kegging time for me now.... cheers.
    Hi lost at sea,
Yes I have both sizes. They come full, so won't need to worry about a fill for a while.

Both should be on the website.

Refills at $9/Kg.

Cheers Steve

Brewman_ said:

• Hi lost at sea,
Yes I have both sizes. They come full, so won't need to worry about a fill for a while.

Both should be on the website.

Refills at $9/Kg.

Cheers Steve

ah just saw that, i was only seeing the 2.6 on the main page. thats great. ill be onto that with my next order! cheers again.

Gotta love the Wyeast orders! Shipped yesterday, got it today, and I'm a state away! Each pack was in its own little insulating envelope, as well
as ice packs. Still fridge cold and fresh, fresh, fresh.

Can't say enough for your work Steve. Fantastic!!! Get on the Wyeast orders if you haven't.

No affiliation, just great service.

View attachment 92672

Mardoo said:
Gotta love the Wyeast orders! Shipped yesterday, got it today, and I'm a state away! Each pack was in its own little insulating envelope, as well
as ice packs. Still fridge cold and fresh, fresh, fresh.

Can't say enough for your work Steve. Fantastic!!! Get on the Wyeast orders if you haven't.

No affiliation, just great service.

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1478135104.980259.jpg
agreed. ordered the same day as you and have it already

Just a reminder there are a couple of the brewers that haven't taken up their Handbook of Basic Book Calculations

luggy said:
Have you got any spare copies id be keen
Hey luggy,
There aren't spares as such. I expect the guys to take their books, but if they don't I will let you know.

I will get some more once there's a few takers.
Cheers Steve

If anyone is after a Fresh PC Wyeast I have 3 surplus to the pre orders.

1 x 3789 Trappist Blend
1 x 2487 Hella Bock
1 x 3031 Saison Brett Blend

Also I can't not mention the bag of Nelson Sauvin I just opened. And I open stacks of bags of hops. This stuff is amazing! Breath takingly intense. I will be using this in as many of my next beers as possible. It's an organic Nelson.

Brewman_ said:
If anyone is after a Fresh PC Wyeast I have 3 surplus to the pre orders.

1 x 3789 Trappist Blend
1 x 2487 Hella Bock
1 x 3031 Saison Brett Blend

Also I can't not mention the bag of Nelson Sauvin I just opened. And I open stacks of bags of hops. This stuff is amazing! Breath takingly intense. I will be using this in as many of my next beers as possible. It's an organic Nelson.
I'll take the Yeast, if I can get it shipped? I love the sound of the saison brett blend!

Hey Paulyman,

Sure I can ship it.

The delivery is $11 and covers up to 25Kg to the Gong. Allow about two days.

I would recommend some ice in this hot weather.

Cheers Steve

[SIZE=medium]Time to order more Wyeast.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The seasonals - Private collection are the same, see below. "Harvest and Holidays" Range.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Also let me know if there is anything else you need. I have to finalise the order by the end of the week.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]1203-PC Burton IPA Blend[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Beer Styles:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]English IPA, Ordinary Bitter, Best Bitter, Strong Bitter, American Porter, Foreign Extra Stouts[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Profile:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Highlights hop bitterness and aroma while still allowing full expression of authentic water profiles and pale malts. Low to moderate ester level can be manipulated through fermentation temperature and pitching rate. Palate finish is neutral to mildly fruity with some maltiness. Good flocculation characteristics make this an excellent candidate for cask conditioning.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]ABV (Approx): [/SIZE] [SIZE=small]10%[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Apparent Attenuation: [/SIZE] [SIZE=small]71-74%[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Flocculation:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]medium-high[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Temperature Range:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]18-23°C[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]2487-PC Hella Bock[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Beer Styles:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Munich Helles, Märzen, Festbier, Munich Dunkel, Schwarzbier, Helles Bock, Dunkles Bock, Doppelbock, Eisbock[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Profile:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]This strain will produce rich, full-bodied and malty beers with a complex flavor and profile and a great mouth feel. Attenuates well while still leaving plenty of malt character and body. Beers fermented with this strain will benefit from a temperature rise for a diacetyl rest at the end of primary fermentation.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]ABV (Approx): [/SIZE] [SIZE=small]12%[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Apparent Attenuation: [/SIZE] [SIZE=small]70-74%[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Flocculation:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]medium[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Temperature Range:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]9-13°C[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]3789-PC Trappist Style Blend[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Beer Styles:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Belgian Specialty Ale, Trappist Single, Belgian Dubbel, Belgian Tripel, Belgian Dark Strong Ale, Belgian Blond Ale, Belgian Pale Ale, Flanders Red Ale, Oud Bruin[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Profile:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]A proprietary blend of Saccharomyces and Brettanomyces for creating unique Belgian-style specialty ales. Phenolics, mild fruitiness and complex spicy notes develop with increased fermentation temperatures. Subdued but classic Brett character, which will be slight while the beer is young but increase gradually and evolve with age.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]ABV (Approx): [/SIZE] [SIZE=small]12%[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Apparent Attenuation: [/SIZE] [SIZE=small]75-80%[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Flocculation:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]medium[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]Temperature Range:[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]20-30°C[/SIZE]

Awesome, ice sounds like very good idea. I'll give you a call in the morning to sort out payment and postage.

Yeast.... Last Call if you want the Private collection or something fresh to you?

Latest posts

Back