BREWMAN News

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made my first order from Brewman his week, super quick delivery and great sevice, cheers Steve

It's Wyeast order time.

The order has to be in next week.

Let me know what you want

Cheers Steve.

Oh and the VSS Private Collection is new this month.

1026 British Cask
1768 ESB
1882 Thames Valley II.

Cheers Steve.

All great strains! Grabbed them this time last year and used the 1882 in an English IPA. Damn great performer in terms of attuenuation and flocculation. Can't wait to try it with a run of milds come winter. I fermented around 18C and got these lovely stone fruit apricot esters which paired well with a 1.5g p/L dry hop of chinook.

Midnight Brew said:
All great strains! Grabbed them this time last year and used the 1882 in an English IPA. Damn great performer in terms of attuenuation and flocculation. Can't wait to try it with a run of milds come winter. I fermented around 18C and got these lovely stone fruit apricot esters which paired well with a 1.5g p/L dry hop of chinook.
Makes my mouth water...

goldstar said:
Happy New Year Steve!

2 x 1968; and
2 x 1187

for me please.

Thanks, Andy
Hey,

Happy new year to all the home Brewers.

Order noted Andy.

Cheers Steve

Dae Tripper said:
Two Forbidden Fruit please Steve
No worries,

How did the last one's go? Maybe too early to tell?

Midnight Brew said:
Oh, there was another point I forgot to make.

I have the Thomas Fawcett's Floor Malted Mild Ale in stock at the moment too.

Steve,

I have recently heard through the grapevine (perhaps you?) that the Australian supplier who supplies yourself & many other online brew shops in Oz with Dingmans products has deemed their products too expensive & too hard to sell & will soon not be importing any more Dingmans products at all.
Any truth in this as I'm a big fan of Dingemans Pils & their specialty malts such ad Special B, Biscuit, etc.

TidalPete said:
Steve,

I have recently heard through the grapevine (perhaps you?) that the Australian supplier who supplies yourself & many other online brew shops in Oz with Dingmans products has deemed their products too expensive & too hard to sell & will soon not be importing any more Dingmans products at all.
Any truth in this as I'm a big fan of Dingemans Pils & their specialty malts such ad Special B, Biscuit, etc.
Hi TidalPete,
It is indeed true.

These much loved Belgian malts are nearly exclusively used by us home brewers and it would appear that the volume is not enough to warrant the next container of malt from Belgium.

I am campaigning for the supply to continue and I have not been given a clear yes or no at this stage. I have been un supplied the malt on my last two orders so I know they are out of it at the moment.

Sadly this may be a case of use it or lose it. I think these malts are much under used, even though they cost a little more.

At the Micro brewery level these guys are opting for cheaper alternatives to their base malts. And it is the base malts that fill the container. I know these guys use the specialties and they will miss these too. I expect they will campaign to retain them too.

I am about to place my next malt order and will have some discussions around this range of malt.

At the moment I have all of the range, but that will not last long.

Wish I had better news.

Steve

Thanks for the confirmation Steve. Much appreciated.

I'm really going to miss those Dingemans Malts if/when the inevitable happens.

Let's all hope for the continuation of supply of all Dingemans Malts in Oz.

does this include special b in that distribution mate.

Steve, I'll be brewing some Kolsch soon so if you could get both 2565 and 2575 strains that'd be great.

Latest posts

Back