Brewers In Kempsey, Nsw Area?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blink

Reaction score
A UK Good Morning to You All,

On 10th Jan I'll be visiting a (girl)friend in Aus for just short of a month, based in Kempsey NSW. Both Kempsey and Port Macquarie appear to have homebrew shops, (no web sites or emails) so presumably there must be a few brewers in the area?
If anyone from the area would like to offer this Brit a decent pint, or even better, a chance at playing assistant brewer while they brew that would be fantastic. In return i can tell you how close to UK beer each pint is:))
If any of you were in the UK homebrew forum on Smartgroups before Smartgroups folded you may know me from in there. Same username. Ditto uk flocculation.
For info, here in the UK I full mash brew, mainly UK style beers, pale bitters and dark beers, (milds, porters and stouts) being my favourites. I'm not a technical brewer in the sense of calculators, brewing to exact styles, gravities, colours and so on. What i tend to do is make up a recipe aroud my brewing kit, record everything so it is repeatable if required.
OK then, should you be willing to share your beer /experiences and/or kit with a Pom, please do get in touch. I think private email has been activated on here, but a better bet for email would be [email protected].

Cheers.

Graham (aka blink)

lol, I grew up in Kempsey, never thought I'd see the place mentioned on here...

While I can't offer any help with your brewing needs (based in Sydney now myself) I will warn you that Kempsey has gotten even rougher than it was in the days I lived there (pre 2002). I would avoid many of the drinking holes, particularly on a Wed/Thurs night.......

Latest posts

Back