Brewers Day Celebrations- Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beersom

Reaction score
Some of you may remember this post by Matt from Beer & Brewer magazine a few weeks ago-

Matt from Beer & Brewer Magazine here. Just a heads up for a couple of events coming up that you might be interested in.

First of all, there is a movement in the US pushing to name July 18 (the Feast St Arnou - Patron Saint of Brewers) Brewer's Day. I think it's a great idea and have organised an event at Grand Central Hotel to celebrate our brewers - home brewers included. It will be similar to the recent Beer & Brewer launch where the SEQ and Northern NSW craft brewers will have samples of their beers on to try. We can't make it an open event this because of space but the first 10 guys to PM me can have a pass. As the AHB guys who were there know, the Beer & Brewer launch went really well and we hope that the event will grow into a local annual beer festival that will celebrate commercial and home brewers - we'll have a website up soon with more details. Regardless of what you are doing on the 18th, raise a glass to your fellow brewers!

Regards,

Matt

Further to this we here at MT Brewery have a few tickets to this event left and so have decided to ask our mates on AHB to join us...
So the first 8 people to PM me can come along to this inaugural event as guests of MT Brewery.....
Cheers
Ian

I can't believe that this hasn't got a lot more attention - like the other thread. Maybe everyone who wants one has got one.

I'd definately love a ticket (pm'd yesterday), thanks Ian.

Have they all been spoken for yet?

I'll PM beersom as well but I have rsvpd via my subscribers invitation from Beer and Brewer so my ticket so kindly offered by Ian can go to another person...

Cheers
Ben

So who is going to don the mitre and bless the brewing flock.

View attachment 20103
"Its the Bishop(s finger)!"

I'll be there thanks to Brennan and Peta at Burleigh Brewing.

Cheers

I'll be there too thanks to Ian, again thanks heaps Ian.

I'll be bringing my other half, I only got back from 3 months in the states for work last weekend and going to melbourne for work on monday, so I get to go to a beer thing and she gets to come, compromises!!

Hopefully I will be there too

I'm presently looking for some transport or somewhere to crash afterwards. :blink:

sqyre ;)

What an offer! If only it was a month later, as I will be in Qld then! Anyway, hope everyone has a great time and while I'm at home giving myself a hug :D

I'll be there, thanks to Ian!

Cheers - Snow

I'll be there too... thanks to me ( I'll be the guy standing at the bar hugging himself :p

Hooray for Beer :beer:

Hey guys Matt again - We've had a big response to this so I hope we can fit everyone in. It should be a top night.

Just wanted to clarify one thing. There seems to be the impression that there will be free beer all night. There won't be. As I said in the initial post it will be similar to the recent Beer & Brewer launch where the SEQ and Northern NSW craft brewers will have samples of their beers on to try. To ensure that everyone gets to try the beers you will be given a ticket at the door that entitles you to one free beer from each of the four breweries (ie four beers).

I apologise if anyone got the wrong idea from my initial post and that was never my intention.

See you tomorrow night.

Matt

Hey guys Matt again - We've had a big response to this so I hope we can fit everyone in. It should be a top night.

Just wanted to clarify one thing. There seems to be the impression that there will be free beer all night. There won't be. As I said in the initial post it will be similar to the recent Beer & Brewer launch where the SEQ and Northern NSW craft brewers will have samples of their beers on to try. To ensure that everyone gets to try the beers you will be given a ticket at the door that entitles you to one free beer from each of the four breweries (ie four beers).

I apologise if anyone got the wrong idea from my initial post and that was never my intention.

See you tomorrow night.

Matt
Thanks again Matt, no probs.
PS if you get a bit pissy whatever you do DON'T slam dance with Sqyre!

Just a thought, we might be down at the Belgian beer cafe for a quick lambic or gueuze {if they've got any worth drinking} to ruin my palate prior to the event at about 5pm, if anyone would care to meet up (that way I'll be able to remember being there this time) <_<

Just a thought, we might be down at the Belgian beer cafe for a quick lambic or gueuze {if they've got any worth drinking} to ruin my palate prior to the event at about 5pm, if anyone would care to meet up (that way I'll be able to remember being there this time) <_<

Winkle,

Might be or will be down at the Belgian beer cafe?

Cheers

oooooohhh dangerous start to the evening!! I'll see how I go with work, but am definitely tempted <_<

Cheers - Snow

Winkle,

Might be or will be down at the Belgian beer cafe?

Cheers
Just PM me tomorrow arvo guys, I should be sweet for 5 pm but work has known to bugger things up before.

Looks like i'm going to be a late pull out guys, even after Mrs Sqyre relinquished the extra funds for the evening out. :(
Looks like one of my darling children has brought home a stomach bug from day care.
So daddy has been up most of the night with one serious dose of the "Green Apple Splatter's"
And with the wake up alarm set at 2am all this week i reckon after 2 beers i will be "night-night" no matter how many No-do's i pop.

Sorry guys, maybe next time.
Sqyre. :(

Back