Brewers Choice Fresh Wort

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc_ksom

Reaction score
G'day guys

Have any of you tried these Brewers Choice fresh wort kits, I brought one yesturday ($39.50), just thought I would get an opinion on them, any succsess stories...

regards

Casey Hilton

I did one of the Brewers Selection Pils a few months ago. The idea was to have it in the keg for a few weeks and sample it along the way to get an idea of the Lager process changes the beer.

It lasted 4 days....

If you're coming from K&K beers, its a whole new level....

I tried one years ago,can't remember what is was but i used burton ale yeast - very nice.

They're the real deal.

I picked one up last time I was at Ross's (too heavy to courier up to here), it's the IPA but I haven't had fermenter space to get round to it yet. I'm advised that some late hopping is a good idea with some of their worts as they can be a bit lacking in aroma hops due to the 'cubing' process. So if it's a golden ale, IPA, bitter etc either chuck 15g of an appropriate hop (pellets of course) into the fermenter on day 3 or 4, or make up some hop 'tea' and strain it in a few days before bottling or kegging.

I have drunk their beers - it's the St Peters Brewery - when I was in Sydney and they are fantastic.

yea that sounds good then, I figger it was going to cost me around the same for kit and ultra brew plus hops and a yeast bag, i figger a fresh wort should be worth a go. I was also told that the liquid yeast can be re used 4 or 5 times, this would make them a cheaper alternative, I diddnt grab one this time around, but will do next time, they do have a good range of fresh worts available.

So its a St peters brew, oh ok, I will chase them up. thanks

regards

Casey

yea that sounds good then, I figger it was going to cost me around the same for kit and ultra brew plus hops and a yeast bag, i figger a fresh wort should be worth a go. I was also told that the liquid yeast can be re used 4 or 5 times, this would make them a cheaper alternative, I diddnt grab one this time around, but will do next time, they do have a good range of fresh worts available.

So its a St peters brew, oh ok, I will chase them up. thanks

regards

Casey

I did stacks of them before going AG. They are great in my opinion. I mainly did the ND brewing Norwest Ale. A nice APA. I used to add 300g liquid yeast extract and some cascade in secondary. Fermented with 1272.

KEEP THE CONTAINERS! Excellent, in fact perfect, for no chilling cubes when you go AG.

I've brewed a 3 of their Lagers and an Amarilo Pale Ale which all turned out great. Huge difference between these and kit and kilo. I've got a Bock and a Hefe Weizen going going down this weekend. All of them with St Peters Brewery labels.
I'm just using rehydrated dried yeast with them (not from beer kits). They are easy to do and the results speak for themselves. They are the main reason I am moving to AG.

Great beers. I have made 6 different types from St Peters and all are good with the APA being outstanding. The only reason I don't make them regularly is that I feel like I am making someone else's beer, not my own.

yeh i made one stout, and it was fantastic, way better than anything else i have made

Drinking a lager now, didn't use any additional hops although the leaflet from the store suggested Hallertau. It's a good drop as is, but it wouldn't have hurt to add 10-15g pellets when putting down.

Just put a Bock down with a Saflager S-23 and a Hefe Weizen with a Safbrew WB-06 (dry wheat) no additional hops in either of these. I'll try to report back on these when they're on tap.

I have eight of these kegged and ready for a work function on Wednesday and Thursday evening, have brewed and tried all but the porter (will enjoy on Wednesday evening) in the range, have found them all to be exceptional drinking and will keep on brewing these. I have brewed about 40+ of these in the past 2 years. Well worth the ease of brewing and not that expensive when you compare a kit with a few bits added.

Cheers

Captainbrewer

Hi

Anyone from Perth that can tell me where I can find these fresh wort kits?

"Do they come with yeast or do you need to supply your own? "

You'll have to supply your own, I get the FWK and Safale yeast for about $43, plus get a $2 refund when I take the empty cube back. Excellent kits, well worth trying. Just ask your LHBS about 'doing a deal' regarding the cost of the yeast.

Back