Breweries In Cuba?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexbrand

Reaction score
Hi mates,

next month me & my better half are going to visit Cuba and I'm wondering if there're some breweries worth having a tour or at least a sample.
Has anyone from here already been there and checked out the 'scene'? :icon_cheers:

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks, newguy!

Something like that I've already found out.
But may be Fidel doesn't allow brew pubs or similar there... ;)

Alex

Back from Cuba I now can tell you, that there are some breweries on the archipelago. I found beers from Cristal, Bucanero and Mayabe. Some of their beers I could sample. Mayabe and Cristal are ordinary lager beers (mega swill shit). But the "Bucanero fuerte" is really nice. Well, not really comparable to crafts beer but at least with a little bit more flavour than the others.

So what's the conclusion?

Don't drink beer on Cuba! Enjoy the cocktails! I know no other country that has better and cheaper cocktails than Cuba. My favourites became the Mojito and the Daiquiri.....

...and tomorrow I will brew a batch of lager! :)

Cheers,

Alex

Ahh, well, we had our honeymoon there in December last year. I would say stay away from the Cristal and go for the Bucanero, but if you're really picky, take Alex's advice and stick with mixers... unless you come across Bucanero Max - the 7.5% beefed up Bucanero. It comes in at about $2 - $3 per 330ml bottle and the tasted was smooth and suited to the climate.

Latest posts

Back