Braumeister Problem

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bongchitis

Reaction score
G'Day all,

Just thought I would throw up a post to see if there were any quick fixes etc before I go to spiedel.

I have only used it a couple of times and went to brew a scottish 80 today to find that the screen flashes when the power is turned on <_< . No text, just lights on then lights off. I checked all connections etc and I did not get anything wet last brew when all went well.

Anyone got any ideas? Have I missed something?

Thanks......Bong

Shit mate can't help haven't had this happen. Maybe contact speidel directly as they seem eager to help when shit hits the fan

can't help much either but what size is it? as the 50ltr me thinks requires more juice??

Hmmm weird I am not even that careful about splashing etc. I have had wort fountains that have covered the control box and no issues.

Now it works????? All day I have been shity only to turn it on one last time before going to bed and hey presto.

The screen flashed, some text started to appear and then all was good. Sounds like a loose conection somewhere... obviously not right but now I cant emulate the 'broken' scenario and its too late to brew.

Would still be keen to know what the uniform flashing was though.

****!

One think that can make the controller go a bit wobbly is the connection to the temperature sensor.
On the back of the controller, unplug the sensor wire, clean the terminals (I use a bit of contact cleaner spray or good old video head cleaner), dry thoroughly and reconnect.
Cant guarantee that thats the cause but worth doing.
Mark

One think that can make the controller go a bit wobbly is the connection to the temperature sensor.
On the back of the controller, unplug the sensor wire, clean the terminals (I use a bit of contact cleaner spray or good old video head cleaner), dry thoroughly and reconnect.
Cant guarantee that thats the cause but worth doing.
Mark

Thanks mark.

I do have a feeling it was one of the connections at the back of the controller. I will do as you suggest as it does seem like a good thing to do ongoing as part of a maintenance regime.

This is the small screw in, 3 pin, connection that I screwed in tighter just before it started to work.... really tight mind you.

Yay, I can brew!

Just had this problem this morning and the suggestion fixed it right away. Thanks Mark

I've seen this problem before too on Damien13's machine.

Yeah, I had the same problem for about 3 brews in a row. Now it doesn't happen. It would flicker on and off for about 5 minutes, then it would just start...
meh... I may check my connections... but to be honest, the reason I bought one is that I am an electro-tard...

Latest posts

Back