Braumeister Or 3v Herms

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is it being disconnected from your brewing? When I had an urn an esky and pot and burner, I would mash in stir and leave for an hour. Drain to pot boil and throw hops in. Now with bm I mash in leave for an hour lift out grain bring to boil and chuck hops in.

Not much different but the difference in the quality of beers I make now is massive.

Bull shit! Any thing you put together is better than an over priced piece of euro tech. Tell me the advantage of be disconnected from your brewing.
Nev

Why dont we all go back to plastic buckets and pots on the stove.

Because of the BM i am now very connected to brewing again and have more joy from the ease of brew day on a time,space and clean up point of view.

As above but also run it through a Hoprocket and chill using Jamals whirlpool immersion method.
The plate i am going to use as a prechiller for the water going to the immersion chiller with a recirc pump into an ice bank.

Using ice bank normally get the water to about 11 degree.

The funny thing about this is that i am now going to build a stand for my one vessel one tier BM with my own custom additions

so just because you have a BM doesnt mean you are not going to modify the way its used.
Scum keep us informed with info and pics how you project goes im interested!! (asbestos suit on) i no chill at the moment!!!
cheers Glenn

Bull shit! Any thing you put together is better than an over priced piece of euro tech. Tell me the advantage of be disconnected from your brewing.
Nev
Thanks for your valuable input Nev, we'ed all be misinformed with out it :rolleyes:

I made the choice between a 3V system and Braumeister and went down the path of the 3V system. I love tinkering and continually evolving a system so I'll enjoy building a 3V setup.

I thought about building my own Braumeister clone too, and may still do it eventually :) For now I'm about 30% of the way through the build (without a HERMS) and looking forward to getting some free time to finish the build!

Funny enough, my next project is a Braumeister inspired system.... but ghetto. A.k.a Muscmeister!
Hoping to maintain the 'hands on' aspects of my 3V but contained in a single vessel.
I have an 80 litre SS pot and a handful of late night drawings so far...
It will be a prototype just like my 3V and i will probably never quite finish it like my 3V.
The Journey is just as fun as the destination for me.
I'll start a thread once i get going on it.
I'm just bower birding shiny things until then..
good job muscovy for take the plunge and building your own

if you want to you can always post your build in THIS thread, then we can have all the builds in one place, just saying.

My thoughts on this topic, build your own :)

cheers steve

Latest posts

Back